[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm curious- Has anyone ever tried making an automated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161115_080843.jpg (35KB, 641x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161115_080843.jpg
35KB, 641x313px
I'm curious-

Has anyone ever tried making an automated dual clutch with a faux stick/clutch (with gates, and each one is the next gear, like a manual)? As in it performs the lightning changes of a dct, but with the fun of a manual
>>
How is it fun if it's fake? It'd act just like an autostick or paddles.
>>
>>16201035
There's literally no good reason for this. If you want a manual, get a manual.
>>
>>16201035
Yea, any car with a fucking slap shifter thing or paddles and a dot like ford's, audi and some other retarded shit that's not a real manual
>>
reminds me of silent cars where people complained so they have an entire computer in the car that synthesizes engine sound and pipes it through the stereo
>>
>>16201045
I mean like it retains the feel of a manual worth the performance of a dct
>>
>>16201057
Manuals have feel because it's acutally mechanical. There's no way to replicate it.
>>
>>16201035
Scania did something like that called comfort shift, So you have a normal shifter up by the drivers position with gates and such, but it's just an electronic control for the fully air/electric shifted gearbox. You can drive it normally (clutch in, move stick, clutch out) or you can drive it like a pre select gearbox. So driving along, you move the selector to the appropriate position (say 2nd to 3rd) Then basically kick the clutch and the gearbox makes the shift lightening fast and carry on your way. It's pretty cool.
>>
>>16201098
and what are autos? organic?
>>
>>16201035
Porsche's 7-speed manual is based on their dual clutch transmission with a fake stick and real clutch, but they put a traditional 6-speed manual into the RSR because the dual clutch base manual doesn't "feel right" to enthusiasts.

The fake stick just drives a hydraulic valve, effectively replacing the solenoid valves in the automatic. It feels "frictionless". There's an obvious spring to add weight. The result feels more like a joystick than a real shifter. But the clutch pedal is real, so there is no benefit of quicker shifts.
>>
File: Mercedes-Aklasse-130531.jpg (59KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
Mercedes-Aklasse-130531.jpg
59KB, 1000x666px
Mercedes A classes had such a transmisison.
2 Pedals normal H pattern shifter.
Just shift it and the gears Change automatically
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.