[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What have you done to your car recently /o/? >took apart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 644182_400w_1000h.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
644182_400w_1000h.gif
2MB, 235x240px
What have you done to your car recently /o/?

>took apart my entire front end
>thoroughly cleaned out all dirt and debris
>wire brushed all rusted metal
>repainted all the rusted parts of chassis with flat black rust paint
>meticulously picked rocks and bugs out of rad and intercooler with a tiny flat screwdriver, also gently pushed bent fins back into position
>cleaned out blowby oil from intake
>ran seafoam through intake
>sprayed WD40 on everything that needs it

>mfw car now runs smoother, cooler, and is protected from the upcoming winter weather
>>
>flat black rust paint
>Not rusty metal primer first
Enjoy your rust
>>
>>16199115
>>
I had two ignition coil bolts brake off inside the vale cover, so today I replaced the valve cover, oil change, oil filter, spark plugs, A/C recharge, cabin air filter, replaced brake pads.
>That feeling of never having to pay someone to maintain your vehicle.
>>
I'm getting ready to sell my 1969 mustang fastback because I wanted to start my own company instead of dump more money into it only to be scared to drive it because idiots everywhere. it will be hard to part with but I can just buy another later so w/e.

I've driven nothing but mustangs all my life and I think I'm finally getting tired of them.

like i could get a 2017 gt350 or a 2013 GT-R..

help me /o/
>>
>>16199445
I do all my own work for this reason. Trust me, I don't want to, but I have yet to find a competent mechanic that can do what I need done at a reasonable price.

>need to put new tires on my wheels
>various autists that live about an hour away from me from a forum i frequent will gladly mount and balance the tires for like $20 per wheel
>dont feel like driving an hour so I pay some local shop to do it instead that charges $60 per wheel
>pretty mad about it but whatever, at least i am supporting a local business, helping the economy, etc...
>two days later
>notice my front wheel weights fell off

I immediately went on Amazon and bought an air compressor, tire irons, and a balancing kit. This is the last fucking time I'll ever trust anyone to do anything.
>>
Waxed it lol
>>
>>16199479
Doesn't Costco do it for $15 a corner near you?
>>
>>16199072
stripped and rebuilt and upgraded an engine, put it in the car in place of the old tired one.
>>
File: galant blk coat convert.jpg (409KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
galant blk coat convert.jpg
409KB, 1944x2592px
>fixed and sprayed the front end.
>swapped out the rusty radiator for one that's 2x the size.
>blew up the radiator fan fuse but the coolant barely gets hot now so i don't care at this point.
>fixed up the bonnet and painted it
still need to weld the bottom plate to get through inspections.

this is going to be a busy winter
>>
Replaced h2o pump, thermostat, flushed cooling system, power steering hose, drive belt, cabin filter, oil/ filter change, diff oil change; just to be safe. Before that, replace TPS, reupholstered headliner(suede), replace windshield gasket, fix window regulator. Bmw e46 m3.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.