[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I always see these guys standing at the side of a road with these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: leica-sprinter-150-auto-level.jpg (48KB, 650x240px) Image search: [Google]
leica-sprinter-150-auto-level.jpg
48KB, 650x240px
I always see these guys standing at the side of a road with these yellow camera looking things on a tripod. What are they doing and what is that thing they're using. I'm assuming it's for construction but whenever I see them use it there's no construction going on.
>>
>>16198806
They're surveyors.

>Surveying or land surveying is the technique, profession, and science of determining the terrestrial or three-dimensional position of points and the distances and angles between them. A land surveying professional is called a land surveyor.
>>
measuring the contours of the ground/whatever they're working on, checking that everything's level, stuff like that
>>
>>16198806
Have you ever considered to look at the picture's name and search up what it is?
Jesus Christ
>>
>>16198806
they're peering into the 4th dimension bra
>>
>>16198806
Well the guys in that pic are concreters and they are measuring the depth of that hole.
>>
>>16198806
You have to find contours before you can design roads, sidewalks, even parks for that matter. Things are changing, laser scanning and drones will make the classic method of surveying outdated and inefficient.
>>
>>16198824
4th dimension tiddys, fuck ya
>>
>>16198806
They are surveying an area to determine grade heights, feature locations, etc. to produce a site plan or topographical map. The reason you don't see any work being done is because this has to be done before construction to allow for proper planning & layout of the work.
>>
>>16198806
>I'm assuming it's for construction but whenever I see them use it there's no construction going on.

You may find multiple surveys done by different companies PRIOR TO A PROJECT BID. That is because companies might not only satisfy the bid requirements, but may do additional surveys in order to also crosscheck other information for drainage and non-interference costs.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.