[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oi boys. Let's say i would want to install a turbo in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: dankwheels.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
dankwheels.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
Oi boys.

Let's say i would want to install a turbo in this shitty lanos 1.5 just for shits and gigs.

What turbo should i get?
>>
For shits and giggles? The cheapest decent condition turbo you can get your hands on, I guess.
>>
are you making your own manifold cuz Im sure thats the only way its getting done

grab a T3 from the junkyard
>>
>>16198563
>Im sure thats the only way its getting done
Not really.Opels used variations of Opel engines

Just buy a turbo kit for a relevant Opel
>>
>>16198577
>Opels used variations of Opel engines
*DAEWOO'S used variations of Opel engines
damned typo
>>
>>16198537
Pretty sure these things take a Vauxhall c20 as an almost lego swap
>>
>>16198577
>>16198583
Oh shit yeah forgot about that opel engine. Pretty fukken big thing to forget
>>
>>16198577
it uses a Chevy engine tho
>>
>>16198606
no
>>
>>16198606
nope. Still an Opel engine at it's core.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Family_1_engine#E-TEC

>>16198593
I kinda wanna get an old Lanos just to make it into a fucking huge sleeper by raping the Opel aftermarket for parts.
>>
>>16198620
well shit

didnt know the Aveo engine was a Daewoo copy of an Opel
>>
>>16198606
I think chevy bought daewoo but engines are basically from opel

>>16198625
lol get one. dirt cheap
>>
>>16198537
not too big so it could fit in the glovebox
>>
>>16198537

There's a Daewoo Cielo/Racer whatever here that's an absolute monster at the quarter mile. Driver is an asshole though and the car has reliability issues because they insist on using a shitty MegaSquirt ECU tuned by yet another asshole, but the car is a brutal sleeper. When was the last time you saw a fucking Daewoo doing 13 seconds 1/4 mile runs at 2600mts above sea level?

You need the 16v DOHC cylinder head with Opel roots, some Daewoos got it and I've heard it's a pretty good flowing cylinder yead. Slap a fucking huge turbo, your basic eBay chink T3/T4 hybrid should do the trick cheaply if you're only after shits and giggles. Sort out the engine management and boom: you got a Daewoo that'll rekt most VTAK fuccbois.
>>
>>16198670
Noice,

Thanks for all the info erryone. Now im going t sleep
>>
>>16198626
>>16198630
ALL The Korean car companies based their first independent cars on the platforms and engines of other companies.
Hyundai based off Mitsubishi.
Kia based off Mazda
Daewoo went third Reich with Opel
>>
>>16198670
Aren't the 16v DOHC cylinder heads only for 1.6l?
>>
>>16198782

And that's why you can get some of the god-tier 90s nip engines in shitty korean crapcans. You can get a 4G63 from some Hyundais and the Mazda FE3N (a relatively unknown but badass engine you can boost to fuck and beyond) came in Kia Sportages.

In case your market didn't get the original engines in question, you can still get the korean copies and source the stuff the koreans messed up with from forums and stuff.
>>
>>16198865
Nope. There were 1.4L and 1.5L versions as well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Family_1_engine#DOHC_2
>>
>>16198873
Ok nice
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.