[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/c to/5880252100.html Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: Initial Dank.jpg (48KB, 570x450px) Image search: [Google]
Initial Dank.jpg
48KB, 570x450px
http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/5880252100.html

Is this a good deal?! what do I need to know about this before buying it? what type of engine does it have?

pls help before it gets sold
>>
>>16197225
Sorry OP, already offered him $5k for it :^)
>>
>>16197225

Thats pretty cheap. I though it was a meme car.
>>
>>16197285
It's a DX.
>>
>>16197225
1. it wont get sold that fast, because it isnt anything special
2. dont get it because it seems like you have no idea what youre getting yourself into
3.for that amount of money you could get a better handling miata.

you cant even simply google what kind of engine it has.

stick to Hondas faggot, unless you want a 87 hp meme car

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_AE86#DX_.26_SR5_specifications
>>
>>16197225
>what do I need to know about this before buying it? what type of engine does it have?
You fucking weebs are the absolute worst
>>
>>16197352
it seems like it has a 3TC which was even stated in the ad, which is still a shit engine because it's not a 4AGE

unless you plan on doing a swap getting this car isnt worth it.
>>
>>16197225
get it you can be just like dagumi
>>
>>16197365
>knows nothing about cars
>planning on doing a swap
I think no, OP should stick to sucking cock
>>
>>16197225
>3TC
Why would he stick an older engine in it? This guy makes no fucking sense
>>
>>16197387
Sold his 4age for gas money?
his block died so he bought the cheapest one he could find or w/e
>>
Not all corollas came with the 4age.
Older 1.8 engine corollas had good tuning potential, half of the Caribbean just slaps a big Carburetor and Cam and whoop ass with them.
I wont deny that this car does deserve a 4age, its just not as easy as you guys think to swap an engine.
At the end of the day youll have an ae86 and it will move and thats all that matters desu.
>>
>>16197395
That's no excuse, the motherfucker is selling $3k dollars worth of rims, he spent his money poorly
>>
>>16197426
>its just not as easy as you guys think to swap an engine

Heh, sure it is.
>>
>>16197538
>weeb tax
>rice
He bought an overpriced corolla, that's a poor investment to begin with
>>
>>16197697
>what is intrinsic value
But then again it doesn't seem to apply to this guy considering hes selling it
>>
File: IMG_3333.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3333.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>16197426
>It's not as easy as you guys think yo swap the engine

It literally is
>>
>>16197717
>>16197564
kek
*most* wrenching work is so easy you could teach a monkey to do it

and then you have a blown head gasket
>>
>>16197873
A blown head gasket is easy to fix.
>>
>>16197888
ain't nobody got time for all that torqueing
>>
That actually is a good deal. 3tc is a well respected motor, and sidedrafts + electronic ignition is the right way to upgrade an SR5 rather than swapping over to GTS everything. It has the GTS LSD rear end, so you're getting the full tofu car experience. Please take off the decals though
>>
>>16197891
Anyone who wants a running car should
>>
>>16197911
It takes an experienced mechanic like 5 to 10 hours of work(depends on the engine I guess) to take it all apart replace it and put it back together
Now imagine it's your first time doing it
>>
>>16197918
So what if it's your first time doing it? There's only one way to learn bro and that's to ACTUALLY DO IT. If you take it to a shop you're a cuck and not actually into cars.
>>
>>16197948
Well, you would need like 12 hours to do it or something.

Although shit like Haynes' manuals helps a lot these days
>>
>>16197964
It took my like 3 hours the first time I did one on my 4age. I don't know where you're getting these times from.
>>
>>16197973
I'm an europoor, diesels are slightly more annoying
>>
>>16197977
>europoor
>can't wrench

Yup, checks out.
>>
>>16197225
a rust free daily driver in Chicago
I would love to see that
>>
>>16197384
Yeah it's almost like there isn't a solution for that called paying a shop.
>>
>>16197985
>people in Europe can't wrench

where does this meme come from? From the American education system?
>>
>>16198131
Dude remember that every american has a phd in welding and earns 9 figures a day.
>>
>>16198131
Years of experience online have taught me that the average europoor of the age range found on /o/ has been driving for just a couple years, only owned one car if at all, is totally helpless in repairing it, has no garage or tools, parents have no garage or tools, and he makes very little money. Feel free to give me anecdotes to the contrary, the exception proves the rule.
>>
>>16198175
>only owned one car if at all, is totally helpless in repairing it, has no garage or tools, parents have no garage or tools, and he makes very little money.

Literally me. This is mostly because in europe, there is a chronic unemployment problem for people under 25yo(20% average, spain, italy and grease have between 40 and 50%)
Also because european cities and roads usually lack garages and space for storing tools for example.
The lack of garages combined with the cold climate(6 months of acceptable temperatures to wrench outside) leads to the lack of knowlege on wrenching and basic maintenance(1 in 3 cars in france don't have enough oil to run propperly)
>>
>>16197225
Hory shit! This faggy meme car for weakiling wannabe whiteboys raised on shitty anime has 113 hp. Best go buy it so all your dreams can come true.
>>
>>16198175
Don't forget European car culture is also traditionally one of exclusivity all you have to do is look at any European car and you can see the designere are intentionally making it difficult for normal people.
>>
>>16198175
>let me tell you about your country
>years of online experience

top cuck
>>
>>16198175
Years of experience online have taught me that the average amerifat of the age range found on /o/ has been benchracing for just a couple years, never even owned one car, is totally helpless in anything other than comparing laptimes, has no garage or tools, parents have no garage or tools, and the money he makes goes to paying off his massive college debt. Feel free to give me anecdotes to the contrary, the exception proves the rule.
>>
>>16198131
>assuming I'm American
fucking europoors again, I'm a fucking leaf tyvm.
>>
File: 1479597257992.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1479597257992.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>16197225
>$4500 real life american dollars
>xxr wheels
>cracked dash
>fucking 3tc engine

JUST
FUCK
MY
SHIT
UP'

I DONT WANT TO LIVE ANYMORE
>>
>>16199284

is the 3tc the engine itsuki had?
>>
>>16199890
Itsuki had 3-AU
>>
>>16197426
4age has bearing problems anyway
>>
>>16199943
[citation needed]
[no, your shitty anecdotes don't count]
>>
>>16198201
>113 hp
it won't after I do an LS1 swap on it

:^)
>>
Please tell me you're just memeing and not seriously considering buying that
>>
>>16200235
4age does have main bearing failures due to oil surge... in transverse mount models.

Right hand sweeper at local track is well known for killing MR2's and Levin's
>>
>>16197225
>http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/5880252100.html

>the cars the seller wants to trade for are all worth multiple thousands of dollars more than what he's selling

Sounds like a good way to either make some cash or have a very interesting interaction with someone who is probably retarded.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.