[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /o/, I've really enjoyed my Focus ST, but I think it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: jensen-interceptor.jpg (37KB, 800x415px) Image search: [Google]
jensen-interceptor.jpg
37KB, 800x415px
Hi /o/, I've really enjoyed my Focus ST, but I think it's time for something else. I want a grand touring car. Something that, sure, handles pretty nicely on a twisty road, but can just eat up highway miles like it's nothing.

My first thought was a Lexus SC300, but I'm curious what /o/ would chose as a grand touring car.

>pic related, it's what I really want, but doubt I can have
>>
>>16195005
whats the budget (gbp)
>>
Japanese can't make GTs. In your price range how about a clean 840ci?
>>
$10k (that's freedom units) is probably an upper limit, but for the right car I'd consider more.

>>16195030
Is the 8-series fairly reliable? I like the idea of the SC300 mainly because "lol Jap reliability". I mean, if I'm getting a car that is intended to drive for hours and hours on a highway, I don't really want to be left stranded hours and hours from home.
>>
>>16195005
off topic, but what does it mean to be a grand touring car that

>eats up highway miles

like, what does that mean? Just a big, comfy coupe?

Basically, what's a gt car?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
>>16195043
A GT car, as I've always understood it, is generally a 2 door car with a big but lazy motor. It's made to be comfortable and quiet first. Typically, they handle very well in the twisty roads, if you can forgive the size and weight of them.

They'll usually have 4 seats, but the rears are generally worthless. The gearing on them means you can sit at highway speeds and be under 2k rpms easily.

My interest in them, personally, comes from the fact I used to have a 96 Impala SS. Now don't get me wrong, that was not a great car, but holy damn would it do highway driving like nothing else. Big comfy seats, floaty suspension, lazy engine, it was great. But it didn't handle for shit. So I'd like something that has the comfort and cruise-ability of the Impala, but can still handle a little bit (and I don't give a shit about back seats or 4 doors because passengers are for plebs).
>>
>>16195041
>Is the 8-series fairly reliable?
Not really

>>16195043
Seems like you already get the idea

A GT is a big coupe that gives no thought to anything but driver and 1 passengers comfort, while at the same time being exciting to drive. You can't have both practicality/reliability and a GT at the same time because they are at odds. In my opinion even performance takes away from a GT car at a point, because when you focus too much on it you take away from comfort, can't have it both ways.
>>
>>16195070
>You can't have both practicality/reliability and a GT at the same time because they are at odds.
I understand practicality, and have no problem with losing that. Give me enough space for a small duffel bag and I'm good. But is it really difficult to find a GT car that's also fairly reliable? I just find it so odd the idea of a car designed to travel long distances that can't be considered "reliable".
>>
>>16195080
It's too niche of an idea for any of the brands that make reliable cars to tackle. The only thing close I can think of is an A80 Supra, but that's borderline
>>
>>16195005
>Lexus SC300
Not fast, drinks gas, horrible suspension, no room, makes you look poor, even niggers won't drive them.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.