[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My exhaust thing-a-bobber has oil in it wat do. Is my head

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161120_144548050.jpg (2MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161120_144548050.jpg
2MB, 4320x2432px
My exhaust thing-a-bobber has oil in it wat do. Is my head gasket fugged?
>>
no it needs a bit of oil in it
it looks dirty though
replace your air filter
>>
Wait that's the turbo, I'm an idiot. Question still stands
>>
>>16193282
I did a while back, this is the first time I looked in the air intake for the turbo. I wiped the rim with brake cleaner and blasted out the air filter with a air compressor bc it has only 4k on it
>>
>>16193295
Some oil in your throttle body is normal. Its usually thrown in there by the pressure release hose. As long as its not a shit load of it you should be fine. Just clean that bitch up. If you dont like it get a PCV valve
>>
>>16193268
That's called blowback. Buy an air/oil separator.
>>
Check your oil level. Your pcv. And your intake and recirculating pipes. You might have to get a catch can or mod your car so you aren't pulling oil mist into your intake.
>>
>>16193268
Volvo ?
>>
>>16194085
>blowback
is when air is forced out the intake
>blowby
is when oil leaks past your seals
>>
>>16195210
Yeah, 940 turbo
>>
My car has a pcv system, but I doubt it's been changed ever. I often get a whistling noise when I'm idling after a cold start, could this be gasses venting through the crankcase due to excessive pressure from a clogged pcv? If I'm correct that would also result in gunk in the exhaust because of blowby.
>>
>>16193268
>>16193285
>>16197223

m8.

You gotta read up on turbobricks.

>>16193398
This guys got it, seeing oily gunk in your intake hoses is pretty normal with these; comes with miles, age and the stock PCV system. Its important to check the flame trap often. Its at the end of the long hose going from the inlet hose to the turbo, over the valve cover and under the intake.
>>
>>16197439
6 months ago I didn't know the difference between a spark plug and a butt plug, ever since I started browsing /O/ I've been trying to increase my powerlevel but yeah I still got a ways to go.
>>
>>16197518
yeah man, you never stop learning, but you've got to start somewhere.

Turbobricks.com and brickboard.com are the best sources for info on RWD Volvos.

Here are some good reads for 700/900 cars. The fuel and ignition systems are the same as the 240 as well. I'd recommend getting a Haynes or Chiltons manual too.

http://www.swedishbricks.net/700900FAQ/FAQSummary1.html

http://40mph.com/Brickboard_700-900_FAQ_Expanded_Index_Version/
>>
>>16197691
I picked up Haynes manual on eBay, somehow I ended up with the UK version, and I've been using it to do little stuff like my oil, fuel filter, air filter, etc. I'm probably going to pick up a new pcv from IPD or FCP, because minor details like that trigger my autism. Also the car whistles from gasses coming out of the crankcase instead of the pcv
>>
File: lost mah wrench.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lost mah wrench.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>16193268
>My exhaust thing-a-bobber has oil in it
lucky it wasnt a wrench XD
>>
>>16193268
That's the compressor (inlet) side of a turbo. And yeah there's usaually a bit of oil in there. Agree with above, what looks like sand is much wole harmful
>>
>>16197957
>The newest innovation from Koenigsegg: self-tuning turbo. Includes a 10mm wrench built into turbo for a perfect tune with zero maintenance required
>>
File: wew_junge.jpg (29KB, 259x252px) Image search: [Google]
wew_junge.jpg
29KB, 259x252px
>>16197984
>i've never seen dried oil before
>>16197957
FUGGGG
>>16197990
kek
>>
>>16197439
second, the Mitsu turbos are well known for this and leaking through the return oil line gasket
*clean your charge pipes
*take off the intercooler and run a degreaser through it (I like simple green)
*make sure the weep hole in the bottom of your intercooler isn't blocked
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.