[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If car companies are trying their asses off advertising and trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Volvo-XC90-2015-1280-0b.jpg (267KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Volvo-XC90-2015-1280-0b.jpg
267KB, 1280x960px
If car companies are trying their asses off advertising and trying to sell their cars, why are car companies going 'turbo 4cyl' trend?

I mean 4cyl means under powered already. Already people know that 4cyl is the basic cylinder config in slower econoboxes. And people love 6cyl too.

Sure, you want more "mpgs" but you could engineer the car to give out more mpgs.

Why the fuck are companies going turbo 4cyl?

This XC90 on start-up sounds like a lawn mover while the older XC90 sounded a bit more rough.

A CX9 is worthy of a V6 but it has a goddamn underpowered 4cyl.
>>
>>16192210
>why are car companies going 'turbo 4cyl' trend?
emissions regulations

lower displacement saves gas and produces less emissions. So to compensate, makers use turbos that kick in at high RPM's to compensate for the low power of low displacement engines

see 2015 honda civic vs 2016 honda civic
>>
>wanting either 4 or 6 cylinder
>>
>>16192210
People should know better already, that even 4 cylinder engine can be powerful enough.

Like that XC90 T8 it has 2l engine with 320hp. It does 0-62mph 5.6 seconds.
In what world that is underpowered?

You don't have to look too much in to the history to find v8 engines that are over double the size and have even less power, not to mention the 0-62 time.

But I agree about the engine sound. 4 cylinder engine does not sound good.
>>
>4cyl means under powered already
He posted from his seat on the bus, watching at the same time a qt get on and stand instead of sitting next to him.
>>
ehh, the T8 has like 400 hp from a hybrid system. And besides, its an XC90, they way they are driven they are never gonna need more than a turbo'd 4 pot anyway
>>
>>16192210
>>16192210
>Sure, you want more "mpgs" but you could engineer the car to give out more mpgs.
They are doing this. The 4cyl turbo IS the engineering.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.