[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask the guy that mapped the Cat C7.1 marine prop engine anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: C7.1.jpg (76KB, 712x534px) Image search: [Google]
C7.1.jpg
76KB, 712x534px
Ask the guy that mapped the Cat C7.1 marine prop engine anything.

Cat have just made me redundant so idgaf
>>
>>16191439
What's it rev to? Any C7.1 application that'd be suited to a light/medium full size 4x4? Previously thought about a C6.6, but the only example I can think of is in a wheel loader limited to ~2400rpm.
>>
i worked on cat 3616's.

never had a real major issues, cept the solenoid for emergency shutdown activated and didn't stop all the air going in so it all burnt hot, almost lost the engine but managed to shut it down in time. kek they leaked alot of oil but the whole ship had been abused in brazil for most of its life.
>>
>>16191450
2900, but the std industrial rated engine revs to 2400.
Its heavy as FUCK, so I doubt it'd be much use in a truck. But they did put the C7 in trucks right?

You couldn't really get away with using a marine engine in an automotive application because of the way the governor is calibrated (throttle commands engine speed, not torque).
>>
>uncle gets drunk on new years eve and tells me to get internship at drilling company
>we joke a little and i forget about the ordeal for months, little did I know he was true to his word
>one day out of the blue dad hands me plane tickets and tells me I'm going drilling with ENRC
>I arrive to help manage the construction of the drill
>my day off and I wake up in absolute darkness and it's stuffy af. Feels like suffocating
>get out of my 40ft container into mild sandstorm and find out pos CAT generator shat itself
>instructions were only provided in dutch and chinese
>truck mechanic, 2 salt of the earth kind of workers, a chinaman that bareky speaks english and me are only people on base
>it takes us hours to fix the damn thing

I dont remember what the error was but it was something really simple
>>
>>16191439
does it use phased injection?
>>
>>16191439
why did the cocksuckers at Caterpillar buy out GMD in London ON and shut it down, and why is our stupid faggot government too pussy to do anything about it?
>>
>>16191439
I was on a boat where the mechanic fucked the raw water discharge, and the boat went down as the engine was pumping about one ton per minute into the bilge.
>>
>>16191667
>phased injection
Is not a term I'm familiar with. But I guess your asking if it using multiple injections?

In which case the answer is yes.

It runs 2 injections at most runnable loads. This switches to a single injection as the engine power rises. The engine does run 3 injections at some points.
>>
>>16191439
What are the two red ball valves in the front for?
>>
>>16192419
They tap into the coolant system.
No idea what they're for.
>>
>>16192434
For maintenance purposes, obviously. I'm starting to question your involvement with CAT, insofar I didn't already.
>>
>>16192475
I just calibrate the engines pal. I'm not a service technician.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.