[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /o/ I’m 23, live in Los Angeles, (have been here for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 93801fcb1f_640.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
93801fcb1f_640.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
hey /o/

I’m 23, live in Los Angeles, (have been here for 1.5 years) and am toying with the idea of buying a car. I take Uber everywhere right now, which works out generally pretty well. I spend less than $500 a month on Uber. The thing is, every once in a while (surge pricing, etc) I wish I had a car still for the sake of convenience. Also, I really *miss* driving. When I was 19 I had a Ninja 250. Man, do I miss it. Got in some legal trouble. Traded it in for a 1995 Saturn SC2. After two weeks I totaled it. Was driving way to fast on a back road. Haven’t owned a car since.

Anyways. I’m a little more mature now, (turning 24 within 6 months) and would really love to take a leisure cruise down Mulholland Drive or PCH. My commute to work is 3.3 miles there and 3.3 miles back. I walk to grocery store and gym. So really, I’d only use it for a light commute and whatever I want on weekends.

The thing is, I’m not interested in buying another clunker. I’ve had my eye on early 2000s Porsches. They’re not the fastest things out there, but maybe that’s a good thing given my history. http://www.fas4cars.com/vehicle-details/2003-porsche-boxster-s-convertible-fc161ed2140b22488a2ecf50dbe1d84a/#Video

1/2
>>
I’m getting to the point where I could *empty* my bank account and buy one in cash. That’s obviously a bad idea. I could do some sort of financing. If I did a 5 year loan on a $15,000 car, the monthly payments + gas would be about what I’m paying right now for Uber. If I put, say, $5,000 down, then the monthly payments are next to nothing. Or, maybe I just save for another 6 months and just buy a car flat out in cash? Not really sure what to do.

But at the same time, I could get a “relative” clunker in cash tomorrow, and not worry about financing/money. http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/5883140825.html

Not really sure what to do. I think buying another bike would be a bad idea. But since I’m not a family man or whatever, I can definitely get by with a 2 seater convertible. Please don’t suggest a Prius or some crap. I’d rather just keep using Uber at that point. I also like WRXes. I think they’re a little faster than a Porsche. :)

/o/, what should I do?
>>
>>16188872
>getting a car in LA
How about don't and that way you won't go bald when you're 26?
>>
>>16188874
>Salvage title miata with engine trouble

NO
>>
>>16188896
haha ok point taken.

I linked that just as a general example of a car that's much cheaper than a porsche, kind of the same look, but definitely not *as* cool, or fast.
>>
>>16188901
Audi TT maybe
>>
>>16188872
I hear traffic there is god awful. So no, don't contribute to the problem.
>>
>>16188924
it's really only bad on the freeways during rush hour, which I shall not partake in. Sitting in an uber during rush hour is only marginally better.
>>
I was in the same position as you a few months ago. I live just about 30 miles from Los Angeles. My budget was $5k and I was looking for a fun manual car. The final choice came down to the New edge mustang (1999-2004 style). The car is fun and loud, still looks pretty modern, is easy and cheap to modify and maintain, and you can get a convertible for it while not looking like a faggot.

If your budget is up for it, I'd also highly recommend a Cobra (pic related). Far less of a hassle with Boxsters or 996's, which you have to deal with the IMS bearing and other shitty engine design flaws. Those cars will cost you at least $3k the first year of ownership unless you find somebody who did all the aftermarket fixes already
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.