[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I have a problem. So I have a 2005 Hyundai Getz with a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161007_111959.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161007_111959.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Guys I have a problem.

So I have a 2005 Hyundai Getz with a 1.5 CRDI diesel engine, and it wobt start. I've had it for the last 3 months.

Before not starting at all without jumper cables it had a hard time getting started (took like 3 rotations to start). So today before going to the shop it started as usual and everything worked. But then I parked it and when I came back I tried to start it and every light turned on then turned off as usual, but when I tried to start it nothing happened. Then I hooked it up on jumper cables and it came to life after a few tries, except the air conditioning, wipers and lights won't turn on.

So guys, what could be the problem?
>>
>>16186315
How cold is it where you are? Could be a combination of fucked glow plugs and a tired battery.
>>
>>16186333

Right now, it's 10 degrees celsius. I will try the battery idea.
>>
>>16186345
Do you have any tools for checking the battery/alternator? Voltmeter or multimeter?
>>
>>16186349

Unfortunately no.
>>
>>16186360
Get a multimeter from amazon, they are dirt cheap
>>
>>16186365
Yeah, might be worth getting one or asking to borrow one. I think it's most likely the battery but it could be the alternator. The light doesn't always show when it's fucked. If you do get a multimeter the battery should be around 12 volts with the engine off and no load and around 14 volts when it's running at idle. A multimeter will also help checking the glow plugs.
>>
Does it starting well when the engine is warmed? Is the rotations happening slower than usually?

It is my thinking, that first should be looked at the battery.

It perhaps is that the file of the battery cell become corrupted, or maybe the fluid is not acidated enough.

Has he attempted starting him with a battery that you are knowing is making correct of operation?

Has it been attempted to using the battery inside of another car?

As has been the word of others, use of the measuring tool is advised.

As it happens of a correct battery, he should test 12v with no loads and 14v when running the car.
But it should be tested when under the load of starter motor. If there is damage of the battery, load becomes dropped lower than 12v

No relation of the picture.
>>
>>16186376
If the battery is fucked, ask someone with a booster to help you
If it starts, run the car for 10 minutes and check if the battery has charged(i.e you can stop the car and make it run again)
If it does not start, it's something else, modern diesels should start even without glowplugs unless it's freezing.

>if car starts but does not charge
Check your alternator, auto shops test them for cheap
Look at the serpentine belt with the engine running, if it looks weird, you have something broken in there, could be:
>alternator
>water pump
>power steering
>a/c
>pulleys

Try jump starting the car and see what happens
>>
>>16186461

So, we tried jump starting the car again, and nothing happened. There wasnt any starter motor noise either.
>>
>>16186583
Was there a clicking from the starter? Did you give it a few minutes for the good battery to put some charge into yours? Even a small diesel needs a juicy battery to get it going.
>>
>>16186583
see >>16186604
You have to run the other car for 5 minutes sometimes, especially when it's cold(electricity hates cold)

If nothing clicks your electrical system is faulty and no power is getting to the solenoid/starter motor
>>
>>16186604

There was clicking after we put a different battery in. Gonna call roadside assistance to havr it towed to my friends uncle who's a mechanic.
>>
>>16186843
Godspeed anon.
>>
>>16187073

Well thank all of you kind folk on here, for the responses and information. The mecanic said that it most likely will be a faulty alternator, based on the previous symptoms (car started up with jumper cables, ac doesnt turn on, windshield wipers don't work etc.).
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.