[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I use a torque wrench and tighten all of my bolts to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1474428812313.jpg (46KB, 720x554px) Image search: [Google]
1474428812313.jpg
46KB, 720x554px
>I use a torque wrench and tighten all of my bolts to the exact secifications recommended to me in the owner's manual.
>>
>>16184676
its not that big of a deal. I know which bolts and nuts need tightening and which ones don't need as much.

Know that every time you screw and unscrew something it slowly loses tread and strength so tightening it more is required to maintain proper function
>>
>>16184676
Have fun stripping threads with your unchecked retard strength.
>>
>>16184676
To be fair some bolts are really easy to strip/break. After a while working on your car you begin to know which bolts need to be tightened to spec lest they break.
>>
>bought first torque wrench from HF
>test on wheels, says 80ft lbs

Man I always tightened them up way more than that. No wonder I fucked up one of the threads.

Good wrench though.
>>
>>16184730
Tell me about it. My motorcycle axle nut is 75 ft/lb and I was very surprised with how little it was. I jacked it up to 90 ft/lb and it feels better but still not as tight as I would have gone previously
>>
>>16184821
Yeah what do those darn manufacturers know. It's a fucking motorcycle, 75ft/lb is plenty.

The lugs on my old 3700lb fwd shitbox went to 90ft/lbs

The axle nuts were 165ft/lbs

My 4500lb truck only needs 85ft/lbs on the lugs.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.