[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to put a twin turbo kit on a geo metro, but i dont know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

I want to put a twin turbo kit on a geo metro, but i dont know what kit to get. Any ideas?
>ikb4 why would you ever do that
>ikb4 the turbo will cost more then the car
I just want to do it becuse it would be a fun project
>>
>>16176567
which kits have you found so far and dismissed?
>>
>>16176567
if you have to ask to get a kit, you don't know how to do it and shouldn't
>>
>>16176567
Why would you blow extra money o a TT setup? Single turbo is just as good and a lot less complicated.
Unless you're just doing it for bragging rights, in which I recommend you actually go work on cars before trying.
>>
>>16176584
>>16176587
I am an aircraft mecanic with a machine shop at my disposal, I have experience working on cars too i just know dick about car superchargers

>>16176578
Im not sure where to start
>>
>>16176567

First things first, swap the engine for a G13B DOHC from the Suzuki Cultus/Swift GTi, it came in both MkI and MkII versions.

Second, even with that engine which is the absolute GOAT mill you can fit in a Metro you'll have to use genuinely tiny turbochargers for a practical twin turbo setup. Even though it flows like a motherfucker and takes boost like a champ (once you lower the stock compression!), it's a 1300cc engine anyways.
>>
>>16176567
>I want to waste my time and money.
Keep us posted so we can laugh at you.
>>
>>16177026
thanks for the advise

>>16177475
will do, i am fully aware how stupid it is
>>
>>16177475
Hide busfag threads
Ignore busfag posts
>>
>>16176567
op here, thinking about just getting this
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/5854627014.html
>>
itt, 9 year olds.
>hurrduerp twin turbo 3 cyl
>2 turbos=2x power
Buy a pontiac firefly that already has a turbo or better yet get a sprint turbo. You'll never have a running pipe dream any other way.
>>16176914
You're not an AP
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8L8CTtsmvo
>>
>>16177678
No i dont want twin turbos becuse more power, i want twin turbos becuse twin turbos on a geo metro sounds like a silly, fun thing to do. Im just looking for ideas for what turbo kit to get, there is no reason for this much salt.
>>
>>16176567
Good luck finding turbos small enough to flow well on a 1L 3 banger.

Good luck making an exhaust manifold to suit two turbos on a three cyliner engine.

Good luck with fitting two turbos worth of extra bullshit and headaches into the engine bay.

Good luck not exploding the engine if by some miracle you actually manage to build a twin turbo Metro.

Do some research on how much effort goes into turboing a non-turbo car, you'll quickly realise it's not as easy as slapping it all together and suddenly you've got 500 million horsepower.

tl;dr, no.
>>
>>16177683
lol all that work to get a 16 second pass
might as well swap a swift GTi 16v 4 popper in first, then turbo it.
>>
>>16177746
there is no kit and that little 1L wont even spin two turbines. You don't have the money, the skill or even the ability to find suitable parts. This is a bullshit thread is why I'm salty. Some dumbfuck child posting about his dream geo build and trying to pose as somebody who could actually accomplish it.
>>
>>16177854
Lol its not my dream build, it just sounds like a fun project. I think your just salty becuse you dont have the mony to throw at projects and i have the cash to waist on stupid shit. Cant think of any other reaon you could be this mad at someone on the internet besides being on the spectrum.
>>
Ignore the jewish shitposting about wasting money.
Sounds like a fun little project, though I'd recommend doing pistons/larger ring gap, perhaps a wet shot as well?
Also a decent single turbo should be enough for a geo.
Keep in mind you'll prob have to custom make most connecting parts.
Can get pricey unless you fab them up yourself.

As dumb as if is I'm also planning on turboing a shitbox for fun, 86 Nissan multi/prairie.

Gona push the little cunt till she blows and then engine swap it to a 350/305 if I can make it/tranny fit.
>>
File: ok.gif (932KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
ok.gif
932KB, 300x250px
>>16177542
holy fuck, that is awesome and rare
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.