[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you know if your turbos are dying/loosing boost without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: turbo.jpg (46KB, 665x443px) Image search: [Google]
turbo.jpg
46KB, 665x443px
how do you know if your turbos are dying/loosing boost without a boost dial?

i have a 1.8T engine and it feels like my car is very slow. Like even old minivans will outrun me unless i rev to like 5000rpm before shifting

I think i might have a vacuum leak or maybe my turbos are dying since my car does have 160k miles now
>>
>>16174634
Take the intake piping off of your turbo and play with the turbine. If the blades move side to side when you press on them or look chipped it's time to get a new turbo.
>>
>>16174648
shieet is that the only way? i think the turbo on my car is underneath the engine or someshit but its rather hard to get to

Also i suspect the problem might be a vacuum leak, since i had one before and my car was idling very roughly. I took it to the mechanic and he fixed it but warned me that all the turbo hoses were pretty dry

Now i dont have a rought idle but i feel like my car isnt getting boost
>>
>>16174664
Boost leak.

Sell your vw before it blows up.
>>
>>16174634
>i have a 1.8T engine and it feels like my car is very slow

This is normal.
>>
>>16174668
A boost leak won't cause a car to blow up lol
>>
>>16174733
It can make it run rich as shit and foul your plugs however causing misfires and knock.

Ask me how I know.
>>16174634
Buy a fucking $50 mechanical boost gauge and tap into a vacuum line you pleb. Also your 1.8T is slow as shit anyways, minivans beating should be no surprise since they beat toyubarus.
>>
>>16174774
How do you know?
>>
>>16174782
That what? Running rich will foul your plugs and cause misfires and knock or that your shitty VW is slow as shit?

Both are fact. I just need to know which you question?
>>
>>16174782
I guess I'll skip the chit chat.
I've had a turbo'd car and had that happen to me to the point the car wouldn't run because my plugs were straight loaded with carbon and eaten away.

And VWs? I've ran dozens and dozens and I've only lost to one. Fucking R32.
>>
>>16174664
Don't even know where your turbo is? Dumb nigger if you changed your oil yourself you would have seen it.
>>
>>16174813
As someone who owned an r32 in the past if you lost to that car, your car is p slow considering with launch control they run to 60 in nearly six seconds.

You're not impressing anyone fampai
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.