[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of the Mini Cooper S? I have the chance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

What do you guys think of the Mini Cooper S? I have the chance to pick up a 2002.
>>
>>16173194
garbage and expensive to repair
>>
The civic the Europe. Expensive to repair. Good performance. Good afternarket.
>>
Anyone?
>>
I considered buying one myself. My mechanic warned me not to go near them.

They look cool as fuck and are apparently fun to drive. But maintenance costs and parts are high
>>
>>16173214
>The civic the Europe

No, that would still be the civic.
>>
>>16175791
Yeah that's what I've heard. I'm looking for sub 4000 car that's fun to drive and found one in Colorado for 3500
>>
>>16175803

Same situation I was in but I'm in UK. I ended up playing more safe and bought a VW
>>
>>16175803

If you are on a tight budget, avoid minis.
>>
>>16175828
I'm not wanting to pay a ton, but I also want a fun car that I can work on and fix if needed.
>>
My sister drives a cabrio cooper, with cvt transmission, 2006.
Fun to drive, yes, but very stiff and parts are expensive. Manual would be better, cvt feels gutless.
>>
>>16176039
I warn you, my mom owns one and me being the only one in my family with knowledge on cars I have to work on it. Probably the worst thing I've ever had to stick my hands into. Don't buy it if you want something enjoyable to work on.
>>
>>16176270
Yeah the more and more I hear makes it sound like hell to own.
>>
You are essentially buying a BMW with all of the downsides plus high costs and none of the luxuries
>>
>>16176469

this.

Someone hit the left rear axle on my Mini and bent a few suspension pieces. Insurance declared the car a total loss because it was gonna cost around $9,000 to fix.
>>
>>16176487
I rear ended a Scion XB in my gf's '12 Mini last year and it was totaled with only 25k on the odo.

The damage wasn't even that bad but the parts are expensive and add up quick.
>>
Stay away. My gf currently owns one and it looks good but that's the only thing it has going for it.
>>
>unexpectedly high resale value
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.