[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your approach when buying from a dealer? Does it differ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1477847032564m.jpg (186KB, 1024x905px) Image search: [Google]
1477847032564m.jpg
186KB, 1024x905px
What is your approach when buying from a dealer? Does it differ if you're buying new or used?

Do you take the "look asshole, I'm not playing your game" approach? Or do you take the more passive approach and let them do their thing?

What are some general do's and don'ts'? I heard you should never tell them your price range. I know in the sticky it says avoid having them drive the car up to you for test driving, what else do you do? Do you always haggle the price down, even just on principle?
>>
I can barely decide on year and trim. The model next year could look better...
>>
>>16171721
Niga u high? Are you saying you let the dealer pick your trim?
>>
Some cars you won't really be able to haggle down, because there's too high a demand for them. The common halo cars, like GT350 Mustangs and WRXs and M2s and such will typically have a dealer allotment, which means that you're not gonna get anything taken off besides maybe a few minor accessories/options.

Google the four square dealer trick so you won't fall for it.

Some tips:

Don't get bait and switched.

If you're young, wear a fucking collared shirt and slacks for once in your life if you want to be treated like an adult by the dealer.

Call the dealer beforehand to make sure they have what you want, and make an appointment. Don't drive for half an hour to some bumfuck dealership and have them try to sell you a different product than the one you're interested in.
>>
>>16171742

What do you mean by bait and switched?
>>
>>16171799
They attract you with some good deal only to push on you some other product. Be it because it was sold or because they're crooked.

For me, don't know if a because I live in Brazil and maybe our dealers are less crooked, but I never had problems. I never show up not knowing what I want to buy, nor I get bullied to take other product. I have no shame of just walking out and if I perceive they're trying to cheat me I just leave. I guess it can count as some tips.
>>
>>16171742

>wear slacks and a tie to the buy here pay here lot to buy a rusted AW11
>>
>>16171828

I mean, I've bought a car before and I was a straight asshole to the guy. I liked the car, test drove it etc. I straight up said the price is too high and asked him where he is willing to go without, he shrugged, I was like, that's it? You're not gona help me? Alright. And I left. He called me 2 hours later and I picked up and said I'll call you back I'm test driving atm, called him and he gave me the price I wanted.

Just wondering what other approaches there are.
>>
>>16171840

Yeah, I'd agree with that if I was buying a new porche but to buy an average car I don't think its necessary
>>
File: images.jpg (13KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 222x227px
This is why you don't tell them ur prce range
>>
>>16171711
Look up consumer reports in your car and find what price people typically pay for the car. Then go to the dealership and start bidding at the manufacturing price, only go up in small intervals and don't jump to "let's meet in the middle" because the dealership knows at that point that youre moving on the price and they can get you for more

A dealership makes a pretty good penny on new cars so don't be afraid to lowball them by 10% initially, if they say no deal and don't even care to budge then just get up and leave because they'll call you if they wanna sell a car. Don't come off as desperate or needy at all, don't tell them what you can afford that's not their problem and don't fall for their dumb 4 square shit
>>
>>16171881
Also don't sign any extra warranty bullshit because chances are the things that tend to break on your car aren't covered in the warranty, don't buy th extra shit it's not fucking worth it

Don't buy into their bullshit on "it's a rare car" or "it'd in high demand"

Tell them that there are tons of other dealerships out there that will play ball if they don't. If they wanna sell a car they have your phone number
>>
>>16171893
If they say stupid shit like "it's got a 10 year warranty" call them on it and ask "is it bumper to bumper?" because it's fucking not a 10 year warranty on your entire car it's on the power train which never fucking breaks the warranty is superfluous.

Also you can ask the to take off that warranty and save something stupid like 400 dollars or what ever made up number they think it'd worth

Ask questions, LOTS OF QUESTIONS, even asking questions a second time, if you notice he gives you a different answer he's obviously lying to you
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.