[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons, please help. OP is about to spend substantial amount

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: charger_cop_car_1280_17_opt.jpg (73KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
charger_cop_car_1280_17_opt.jpg
73KB, 800x450px
Anons, please help.

OP is about to spend substantial amount of money on a 2008, 3.5 l Dodge Charger. The vanilla one. The thing is that I've read a lot of conflicting reviews about it, some say it is a God's gift to car industry and some say it has lots of engine / electrics problems. What gives and who to believe? Should I buy it, or dump the idea of Murican wheels and just buy a Honda?
>>
File: 2ec.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572KB, 600x580px
>dodge
>>
>>16171352
They're shit. Especially with the V6. Just buy a civic.
>>
>>16171352
The 3.5 wasn't a bad engine, but to be honest if you want a V6 Charger, you should see if you can afford a newer one with the Pentastar V6, much better engine overall
>>
>>16171373
Care to elaborate a bit more? Why are they shit? I'm not a car expert in any way, so dumbed down explanations are much appreciated.

>>16171380
I'd want the car to last at least 5 to 7 years, so what are my chances? The one I've been stalking is clocked at roughly 50 k miles / 85 k km.
>>
>>16171433
>Canadian

Ur fukd m8
>>
>>16171433
I don't know if the newer ones had the ball joint issue fixed or not, but I see older chargers out on the road but they're usually Geno's cause the goods usually get the 3.5 and below trims and you know they don't take care of them for shit, but its like with any car if you take care of it it will take care of you

The LX platform was/is still one of Chrysler's best platforms they ever made
>>
>>16171352
Do not spend money on any Charger:
>with a 4 or 5 speed automatic
>without at least a 400hp engine
Exception to be made for police versions if you're an attention whore.
>>
>>16171450
Fucking auto-correct
Geno's = Hemi
goods = groids
>>
>>16171454
Fuck off benchracer, there's nothing wrong with the Pentastar
>>
>>16171433
Chargers are pigfat and therefore boringly slow even with the 5.7. The V6 is even worse. Couple that to a dated automatic, and it's not exactly a fun car. RWD will suck in your winters, too.

>>16171450
>The LX platform was/is still one of Chrysler's best platforms they ever stole from Mercedes
Ftfy
>>
>>16171352
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-4QzBjy4FE should last for 38 years easy :^
>>
>>16171461
>there's nothing wrong with the Pentastar
There isn't, it's the way-too-heavy Charger body around it that turns a decent engine into something slower than it should be. Besides, a 2010+ model is likely out of OP's pricerange, or he wouldn't be looking at a 2008 model.
>>
>>16171464
>stole from Mercedes
How do you steal something that was developed specifically for the company that got bought out by company that it was "stolen" from?

>>16171485
Meh, you never know, he might be able to find something that's been on a lot for a while or someone trying to Dell below book on CL
>>
>>16171454
Is that a durability question, or will my man card get revoked if I get a sub-400 Charger?
>>
>>16171538
Ignore him, he's a benchracing no car busrider
>>
>>16171433
Read up on any recalls, common problems to look out for, and just do proper maintenance at the right mileage, and your car will last.
>>
>>16171538
The transmission (Mercedes 5 speed) is a durability thing imo, and the 400hp is mostly because I felt even the 5.7 couldn't get out of it's own way. You might feel different, and I can understand the choice for the 5.7, but I couldn't think of the car with even less power - so with the V6.
>>
>>16171552
Figured as much. What I'm trying to get to here, is that I came across a few reviews thay said that the car loses power sometimes and it may flash "check engine" lights. Those kind of weird things, that occur even if the car were up to date on all the maintenance. Now I heard that same kind of problems have been spotted on the Chrysler 300s for example, so I dont know if this is common.
>>
>>16171433
Just think for a second. Why would you consider buying a car from a company that is run so poorly it's chronically looking for a merger or near bankrupt? Has Toyota or Honda ever been near bankrupt? No. Fca can't compete even now. They're capitalizing on the boomer market and are stopping production of small cars to make room for crossovers and suvs and trucks because gas will stay cheap forever. They're not playing the long game like everyone else.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.