[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please explain in the most simple terms what a cam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Can someone please explain in the most simple terms what a cam belt and water pump does?
>>
>>16170086

Your cam is connected to your crank so it turns when the crank does.

A belt connected to the cam will turn that in this case a water pump will turn making water circulate throughout the engine and keeping it cool.
>>
>>16170086

Waterpump pumps water
Cambelt belts cam
>>
>>16170115
This
>>
File: 1478078773898.png (131KB, 500x535px) Image search: [Google]
1478078773898.png
131KB, 500x535px
>>16170115
>cambelt belts cam
>belts cam
>>
>>16170127
T. chainfag
>>
>>16170127
how is that timing creep chainfag
>>
>>16170086
The belt keeps the cam timing in sync with the crank shaft and by extension the cylinder position. Some fuckwitted automotive (((engineers))) thought it would be nice to give this belt more responsibility, so they hooked it up to the water pump so that if your water pump were to freeze, your entire engine could grenade if it damages the belt.
>>
>>16170115
/Thread
>>
>>16170115
>Waterpump pumps water
>Cambelt belts cam

Carburetors carb. And pistons ... well, they work too.
>>
>>16170115
>Cambelt belts cam

Son...
>>
>>16172354
They piss tons
>>
You mean timing belt/chain OP?

Water pumps most of the time are driven by an accessory belt which is separate from the timing belt or chain. Cams just control when the valves open or close
>>
>>16172611
Oh yea forgot to add, the water pump just pumps water/radiator fluid through the engine to get cooled.
>>
>>16170547
average build it cheaper mentality
>>
timing gear masterrace
>>
>>16172671
>Not using a timing hook
>>
>>16170115
Came here to post that
>>
>>16170541
T. Man who was cucked by the romance of his pistons and valves
>>
>>16172671
>timing gear

Quit reminding me the hard time I had timing a fucking Kubota diesel motor. FUCKING ONE HOUR OF TURNING THE CRANK UNTIL I MATCHED SHIT RIGHT
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.