[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup o So i drive a 1999 honda accord 4cyl shitbox. Now it doesnt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: sunfadedaccord.jpg (278KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sunfadedaccord.jpg
278KB, 1600x1200px
sup o

So i drive a 1999 honda accord 4cyl shitbox.
Now it doesnt have a catalytic converter so the check engine light is on for that

I dont wanna buy a new cat because theyre expensive and my shitbox isnt worth enough to warrant buying one, especially when theres no inspections where I live.

So my question is, is there anyway to make the CEL go off so its not bothering me and so if it does turn on for something actually important i know its on?
>>
>>16167813
Fix the cat. You can get an oem replacement for $440 plus a $150 core charge.
>>
Gut the cat and flash the code with. A scanner tool
>>
>>16167869
>$440 plus $150

yeah no.
My car is worth $1500 and theres nothing wrong with it mechanically

Im not putting 600 freedombucks into my shitbox for emissions shit
>>
>>16167882
The 150 is refundable. Your car is worth putting 440 in it.
>>
>>16167878
it doesnt have a cat. It was completely removed and the pipe was welded straight. If i reset the CEL it will just turn on again because the downstream o2 sensor is getting the same reading as the upstream o2 sensor (because there is no cat)

>>16167888
its worth putting 440 if it was something that was actually affecting it. But its not affecting it, its just a bullshit emissions control that doesnt concern me because where i live theres no inspections
>>
go to a junk yard and cut a cat out of some other car that has same pipe size
>>
>>16167893
Your car will get better mpg with a cat in place. Stop being a fucking degenerate and keep your car in perfect condition.
>>
>>16167813
i bought a $100 cat off ebay for my truck and it took care of the CEL. otherwise delete pipe + shim the 2nd O2 sensor out of the air stream until it stops throwing the no cat code.
>>
>>16167813
You can wire something to the sensor to make it seem like the cat is working fine

something like this but specific to your sensor would work
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=216641
>>
Buy a new cat.
If you can't afford a new cat, sell your car, use the money to buy a cat, and see how long you can hold a handstand on your front porch with a hotdog in your butthole.
>>
Heat up a small screwdriver with a torch until it is very hot. Then ease it into the CEL. It will never bother you again.
>>
OP I feel your pain. I had to put in a cat into my shitbox earlier this year to pass inspection. Definitely was not worth it at all.
>>
Not worth putting a new cat, its very hard to get rid of that CEL, You should really just put eletrical tape over the light and forget about it.
>>
File: car.jpg (508KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
508KB, 2048x1536px
>>16167813
OP this is not a drill, I have a 99 accord parts car with a cat that I could sell you if you're interested.
>>
>>16167813
Open dash
Remove CEL bulb
>>
>>16167905
>>16167926
>>16168653
>>16168746
>>16169001
>>16169154
Did you guys not hear? Trump is going to be the president. We can all straight pipe our shitbox and fuck emissions!!
>>
>>16169166
Kek wills it and all, but I wouldn't mind selling some parts off of that car before it sees the junkyard in a few weeks,
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.