[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, I think my 91 Volvo 240 may be a goner. I had just had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3766.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3766.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Well, I think my 91 Volvo 240 may be a goner. I had just had my belts adjusted and I ended up having a seizure while parked. I woke up, and when I went to go drive it i started to get smoke through my vents and even though I got it driven home, it's kind of done. I can turn the key and all the lights etc come on but the starter doesn't engage at all. Here are pics of the wiring harness and culprit.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated

My wiring harness from that plug is split all the way to the firewall.
>>
File: IMG_3765.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3765.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>16163741
Plus the nice wire that came off. Whatever it was plugged into completely melted
>>
>>16163741
>just had my belts adjusted
Is it possible that the tech did some damage?
>>
You should probably go to the doctor if you had a seizure.
>>
File: QZD6lX3.jpg (990KB, 1944x3456px) Image search: [Google]
QZD6lX3.jpg
990KB, 1944x3456px
>>16163744
Ferd calls this a fusible link

find the short, fix it, replace fusible link gtg
>>
>>16163741
>random seizure
Have fun passing out while doing highway speeds.
>>
Yeah, I'd say your seizure is definitely the biggest issue here.

In the first picture, that's your headlight relay that has a melted connector and wiring insulation. You need the replace the wiring thats damaged. Getting one from the junkyard or turbobricks is your best bet.
>>
>>16163741
>>16164456

Some dude a couple years back had a seizure while driving and crashed into my neighbors house
I rush over and the guy is still spazing out while revving the car WOT which at that point had smoke coming out from under the hood.

OP you prolly shouldnt drive
>>
>>16163741
it's good that your car is fucked because you shouldn't drive ever again.
>>
To adjust belts on a 91 240 you crack loose a 13mm bolt and tighten or loosen a 10mm threaded rod to adjust belt tension for both power steering and the alternator.

And you were paying someone else to do this?
>>
>>16163741
If you have a seizure disorder, you cannot drive. B&
>>
>>16163741
>having a seizure while parked
>i woke up

jesus christ OP what the fuck
>>
>>16163814
>Is it possible that the tech did some damage?
With a seizure while the car is parked and running, someone can stop the gas pedal and redline the engine. Or grab the ignition key and keep the starter cranking with the engine on. Since the alternator is supplying power, the battery doesn't go dead. Thus melted wire from too much cranking under seizure.

>>16167837
>If you have a seizure disorder, you cannot drive. B&

The B& varies. If you don't tell the your state DOT, then they don't know and will renew your driver's license without conditions. Otherwise, they put a note on your record of medical restrictionsfor various causes such as narcolepsy and epiliptic seizures. On the DL application, there is a checkbox for "Have you ever had: epilipsy, seizure, narcolepsy, etc".

But instant B& doesn't occur. USA states actually vary a lot on B& conditions. My state requires a six month period of no problems before you can drive again. Once you have a problem (seizure, narcolepsy, fadeout, etc), then the six month countdown begins once again. Arizona is one of the lenient states and allows you to drive after 3 months cooldown. Both arizona and my state do not require doctors to report to the DMV if you have any medical conditions preventing safe driving such as seizures, narco, etc. Both states use the Honor System that the impaired person not violate the law and drive. So if something happens, you are on your Honor to put yourself into the corner and sit there for the cooldown time period.

The medical restriction notation on the DL matters. Arizona DMV requires you to go get periodic medical reports and give them evidence. My state leaves it in the hands of the medical review board as to whether or not you need more exams and how often in order to maintain your DL.

I guess epilepsy and narcolepsy causes car insurance rates to be higher. Or they don't cover someone without an additional rider provision.
>>
>>16168159
>stop the gas pedal and redline the engine
>grab the ignition key and keep the starter cranking with the engine on
That accurately explains the symptoms. Thank you.
>>
>>16164456
Well, he was alive enough to post, so that hasn't happened (yet).
>>
>>16164238
that just looks like a normal wire that melted.
>>
>>16168249
What's needed is some additional electronics to monitor the car maybe. So that won't happen again? Maybe a rev limiter?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.