[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning on driving halfway across the country. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: road-trip.jpg (3MB, 4740x3164px) Image search: [Google]
road-trip.jpg
3MB, 4740x3164px
I'm planning on driving halfway across the country. I've never driven more than six hours straight. What should I know before I go on this road trip?
>>
Eat well. Nothing is worse than having to sit in your own body uncomfortable when you're going to be uncomfortable already.
>>
>>16161895
Lots of snacks, beverages, good playlist of music, copilot for conversation if possible. A blunt or two will make the time fly by.
>>
>>16161895
Bring plenty of snacks, a few drinks (don't want to stop for bathroom every few minutes), a good co-pilot, ALL eurobeat albums, and a seat cushion. Nothing worse than sitting in your seat for over 6 hours and not being comfy.

Optional:
>Tools/fluids for any problems that may occur (coolant, oil, maybe a gallon or two of water)
>Books on tape
>More than one person in your car
>Stops at cities that have tourist spots or any sort of location you may want to visit along the way
And don't forget to have fun. Sometimes you will be so focused on the destination, you forget about the fun you can have getting there.
>>
>>16161895
remember to never eat high calorie foods b4 driving mate. It WILL get you sleepy and tired.

Other than that, stack up in snacks and beverages.

As for the vehicle, check the current state of the tires, check oil and coolant levels, check lights, and if you can bring a quarter of water, of oil and one or two replacement bulbs, the better.

Plan forward on gas stations, so you always stop at the cheapest on the county (Do not read that as going to walmart for refueling). This WILL save you time by stopping at the very last gallons of fuel in some crammed fuel stop where they charge you 4 usd for the gallon.
Also, plan ahead any service shops or else that might help you if your car suddenly decides to throw a temper at you.

Other than that, have plenty of music, even music you dont really dig. Will keep your mind sharper.

Also, SAS handbook tip rite here: Chew bubblegum when driving at night. The sole act of chewing will push your circadian rythm a bit further, but will not in any way replace a proper stop at a motel or else.
>>
>>16161895
dont turn the heat on when it gets late. same for a/c during summer. shit will put you to sleep in a hot second. make a music playlist and then make a comedy playlist cause you WILL get tired of listening to music and will want something different. also drink bottled water cause its extremely convenient. no need to fill up cup holders and no mess if youre not a retard
>>
>>16161895
Drove from LA to NYC to Miami and back and drove across the desert on trails.

Load up on snacks, tools, fluids, and music (audio books also kill some time), and radar detector so it is easier to speed (I averaged around 120 from LA to the Midwest kek) And get a co pilot if possible. Time will fly.
>>
>>16164799
heat on windows down is best.
>>
File: CmyXY4jWcAAt9J5.jpg (179KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
CmyXY4jWcAAt9J5.jpg
179KB, 1200x900px
>>16161895
I hope you die in an accident
>>
>>16161915
But being uncomfortable helps keep you awake. And eating means you gotta shit.
>>
>>16161895
>What should I know before I go on this road trip?
If you're a member of AAA, then you can request a trip guide and map customized for the route they recommend.

You can also time your driving by the motels along the way. If you know how far you are going each day, you can then get reservations in advance for a cheaper rate than showing up cold at their front door asking for a room.

I almost never do that because I like to "waste" a lot of time on trips stopping at places along the way and seeing what's there as a tourist. So a drive from Arizona to Washington state takes me about week. A drive across half the country (haven't done one that far yet) would probably take a month or so which is too many vacation days for me to use at this time.
>>
>>16161895
>What should I know before I go on this road trip?
Don't get caught by surprise and then be robbed.
>>
>>16165590
this

personally i avoid stopping in cities all together, but the may just be me being used to country people
>>
>>16165647
i lived in cities all my life and have never been robbed.

weird how that works.

but i have gotten dirty looks from ignorant country people.

which isnt surprising.
>>
>>16165652

Perhaps you got looks because you went around assuming everyone was more ignorant than you
>>
File: 1478651840860.gif (678KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478651840860.gif
678KB, 720x480px
>>16161895
Get into podcasts.
You've got time to try a few out, give it 20 minutes,if you don't like it,youve move 20 minutes down the road.
Try Phil Hendrie. Lots o lulz
>>
>>16164895
Ive never seen so many of the same person in one room
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.