[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Ferrari builds "unreliable italian shitboxes",

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (216KB, 1280x782px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216KB, 1280x782px
If Ferrari builds "unreliable italian shitboxes", why the hell do they give a 7-year warranty?

http://www.businessinsider.com/ferrari-offers-a-12-year-warranty-2014-4?IR=T

Please explain /o/.
>>
>>16161260

Because most owners will keep mileage under 5 figures anyways during that time.

/thread
>>
Read the fine print. It doesn't even cover oil leaks. It's more of a service plan than an extended warranty.
>>
>>16161260
Go ahead, buy one but don't come back crying when you have to rebuild the engine right after the warranty ends.
>>
>>16161342
The engines are bulletproof. The Getrag box is pretty good too and even if they have problems Getrag eats at least some of the repair cost from what I understand. The most common problems in the first 7 years are
-oil leaks (not covered by warranty)
-NVH (generally not covered by warranty depending where it is)
-cosmetic issues (almost never warranty unless it's a manufacturing defect like the sticky interiors)

Again, read the fine print. The article suggesting you don't have to worry about any repairs is laughable.
>>
>>16161269
this
>>
>>16161380
Do they still need the drive belt replaced every few thousand km?

The maintenance would be more costly than the odd repair I think.

And of course that stupid ass company makes it so that the drive belt swap needs the whole engine taken apart so it costs 5k.
>>
>>16161260
Read the article before you post it. The regular Ferrari warranty is still only 3 years (that's old Chrylser-tier).

All the other years you're basically just paying for an extended warranty. Their 7-year Genuine Maintenance warranty is just that: a maintenance warranty meaning that you just get free oil changes and filters for 7 years. If you develop an engine knock or break a suspension arm, you're SOL if you didn't spring for the extended warranty.
>>
>>16161414
Oh, and Porsche used to be guilty of the same crime, not sure nowadays I think they got better with that.
>>
>>16161269
>>16161408
That part doesn't make much difference, different problems arise from having the car sit

>>16161414
You mean the timing belt? 430 and forward is timing chain, I think the interval to inspect the guides is 4 years 30k miles or something like that, so no more engine out belt jobs if that's what you were wondering about. The 360 actually is still a belt car but not engine out to reach it. The maintenance is pretty cheap, annual service is just like most other cars, oil change and filters, brake flush every year on the Ferraris, coolant every 2 years, gear oil every 3 years
>>
>>16161458
Such a pain in the ass but I guess it would never be a DD anyway.

For me I'm planning to get a Porsche in the next 5 years or so, I should be making enough. Around 90k euros a year.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.