[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did the whole following of Toyota's never breaking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Yoda.jpg (259KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Yoda.jpg
259KB, 640x480px
Where did the whole following of Toyota's never breaking down and being dead set reliable come from, I'm not disagreeing but I'm curious as to how this whole idea and following actually started? Is it just a myth that's gained a following?

>Mfw my AE82 Corolla has done 500,000 KM's now
>>
Japs took their shit seriously and their cars were actually somewhat reliable when following the maintenance schedule, compared to the utter, poorly-made unreliable garbage that the american "car" industry has been pumping out since forever.
>>
>myth

your car has 500,000kms now.

my aw11 has 345,000kms as well

its not a myth.
>>
>>16159912
>is it just a myth?
>btw i have proof of myself that it's not a myth

???
>>
>>16159954
This. OP confirmed for shitpost baiting domestitards.
>>
>>16159954
Could be just lucky
>>
It isn't hard to make a reliable car, what you do is start with a powerful idea and roll back on things like compression, revolutions, and the like.
Toyota found a good way to bring torque out of 4 cylinders by not revving them up high.
Which meant you had a car that at minimum would move you, and at maximum last you a while because there isn't a lot of stress being put on the motor by revving up so high.
>>
>>16159912
>mfw dad sold his 90s avensis for a bland 2008 corolla
Its even in gray color.
>>
File: 20161112_105317_resized.jpg (422KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
20161112_105317_resized.jpg
422KB, 1328x747px
A few points

>overbuilt
Look at 80-90's HiLux, and you'll see that stuff like the springs, mounting points, axles, differential and more are very strongly built, way heavier & stronger than you'd ever really need for a pickup in that size
>low output
Same size engines as their competitors, but usually with a lower output. Less stress on the engine = more durable
>tried & tested technology
Toyota has a habit of being way slower to use new technology and inventions in their vehicles. They have a tendency to wait until the technologies are figured out to near perfection before putting them into their vehicles, meaning that they dont run into the same type of problems that the "pioneering" brands like Mercedes, Cadillac and Citroën do/did.
>quality
Lets not disguise the fact; Toyotas are not the cheapest car you can get, but you get a really good product for what you spend. Japan in general is very big on high quality products, and Toyota aint no exception. It should also be mentioned that since Toyota isn't the cheapest you won't find the new models being bought by the ones who are just looking for the cheapest new car
>>
Toyotas are (were) generally very simple cars which meant less stuff to break, and also cancerous Toytotafags ignored how badly they rusted out in North America because ITS JUST COSMETIC.
>>
>>16160433

>It's "the usual" rust

Bitch, there's no such thing as USUAL RUST, you didn't fucking take care of the car.
>>
>>16159954
>>16159963
>>16159940
anecdotes are not evidence
>>
>>16160465
it's also the quality of steel and the factory coatings used

Nineties Mazda trucks rusted to shit, Fords did for a while too. Bad steel and shit factory coats.

Unless they've fixed it, Toyotas do too, which is why even in places that rarely use road salt you see very few old Tacomas on the road.
>>
>>16160433
Thank god i dont have to deal with Rust in Ca.
The frames coating is essentially gone but theres no rust anywhere on it.

Also back on topic this is my 3rd Toyota to make it past 215k.
>>
File: 1477101445859.jpg (54KB, 600x649px)
1477101445859.jpg
54KB, 600x649px
>>16159940
>km
>>
>>16160499
It varies a lot between models too. I have a 2000 Camry with practically no rust aside from a couple spots where the paint chipped off my hood, but my dad's Tundra of the same year is rusted to shit on the frame and every other part on the underside of the truck.
>>
>>16160576

thats right
>>
>>16159940
Ran my 1998 4runner to 430,000 miles. Stock everything but cv axles in the front
>>
>>16159912
it comes from them going forever without breaking down
t. - guy who has owned a tacoma for 9 years with 222k miles that has been more reliable and trouble free than the civic with 133k miles hes had for 2 months
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.