[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not sure if this is normal, but today I was caught completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1478878901537.webm (3MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478878901537.webm
3MB, 720x720px
I'm not sure if this is normal, but today I was caught completely off guard. I went to buy a car, decided on a 2014 mercedes c300, a nice car, not a sports car, but a nice every day driver and a major upgrade from the piece of shut I've dealt with since I was 16. But here's the problem. I pay about 2200 a year for insurance, which is high but doable as a 21 year old white man, but I tried to get a quote on any new car... a minimum of 9k a year and for the Mercedes 11k a year for insurance...why is this a real thing? What the actual fuck
>>
Any one know why it's so much?
>>
>>16155137
Because you're 21 years old and are trying to insure a two years old Mercedes-Benz?
>>
>>16155125

Yeah until you're over 25 you will be paying ridiculous amounts for insurance..
>>
>>16155141
This. They don't trust you not to crash it into something expensive, or smash it clean through a Prius at a red light because you were texting.
>>
>>16155125
What is that in the webm?

Looks like something out of final fantasy
>>
>>16155153
I have a perfect driving record though. I'm only paying 2k a year on my shit box. I would think a new car should be cheaper because it's safer.
>>
>>16155223
Well think all you want, but insurance actuaries deal with statistics, not feels.

Save your cash for intelligent life strategy instead of shiny objects.
>>
>>16155223
>Paying 2k a year
Youre already getting fucked. I'm 21 and pay maybe 1.2k and with my new truck its going to be 1.3k
>>
>>16155250
but if i fill my nest w/ shiny shit i attract a hot m8 w/ a hot hot cloaca
>>
>>16155170
Its the 2018 Presidential limo
>>
>>16155223

Doesn't matter in their eyes.
>>
>>16155223

What do you drive now?
>>
I'm 20 and insured under my parents name, but I pay for it. Pay half the price that way. The only thing is if someone other than the insurance holder crashes it the excess is double ($1200-1500aud)
>>
>>16155125
Call geico
>>
Is your driving record shit? I'm 21 (22 this week) with only one accident (not at fault) and pay very little for insurance. Called insurance on a 2016 BRZ just for shits and giggle because I thought it would be high, and it was only $110/month for full coverage. I have a hard time believing with only an entry level mercedes they expect you to pay the car's worth in insurance in less than 4 years.
>>
OP where do you live?

I upgraded from an old Accent to a new Benz (just a B-class, one year old) and my premium only went up by a few hundred bucks a year (<500 buck difference)

BUT

I live in Maplenigger land AND in a province with public insurance. Back home in Ontario I'd be looking at private insurance and it would be more expensive.

2k-9k sounds ridiculous tho, sounds like your insurance company is just shit.

also I'd ditch that Benz anyways, if you are tight on cash... between shop rates and parts if you aren't going to fix it yourself you will get raped when the warranty runs out and it needs something. I don't know what I'm going to do, I got 4 years left between factory and Star-Certified.
>>
>>16155223
How long have you been driving?
>>
>>16155125

Male privilege. You know, all those whiny women who claim men have it so much better. They pay less on insurance and are worse drivers on the whole.

But enough of that. Your insurance won't drop much until you're 25.

>Be me, 18 (10 years ago)
>Want to buy a Mustang GT extremely badly
>Find one that's a decent price
>Get insurance quote
>Went through with it anyways
>Car payment = $250/mo, 48mo,
>Ins payment = $400/mo
>Clean driving record
>Father co-signed for a personal loan so insurance was just liability
>MFW I was paying $650/mo for that car

I'm now 28 and have a '14 GT500SS that I pay $550/mo for (loan plus insurance) including full coverage with a $500 deductible.

Age makes a big difference.
>>
>>16155223
Yeah that blows. Shop around but until your 25 the best bet is to try and stay on somebody else's insurance. My sister is a couple years older than me and I just had my car registered to her (insurance card has my name) and I didn't get raped so hard because multi-car policy and that BS.

That is ridiculous for a used Mercedes. I'm sure they classify it as a "Compact Sports Sedan" too so you are grouped with the assholes wrapping STI's around trees.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.