[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we convince car manufacturers to bring back 90's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: UJ.jpg (3KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
UJ.jpg
3KB, 228x221px
How do we convince car manufacturers to bring back 90's styling and to stop making CPU's control more and more of the driving experience?
>>
Explain to them that your demographic, one that earns little to no money, and almost never buys new cars, should be catered to rather than the people who are actually buying cars
>>
>>16153266
>almost never buys new cars,

Because they're shit.

Make a car that's desirable and we'll buy them up

Not this hybrid engine, eco mode, angry fish looking grille shit

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Scoty.gif (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Scoty.gif
2MB, 800x450px
>>16153266
This so fucking much

Also; give them good, cold hard facts as to why all these useless safety gizmos that are actively reducing the number of people killed and injured in traffic, reduces emissions, increased power, increases MPG's and makes the car much more comfortable to live with are all absolute horseshit and no car should come with anything more complicated than a 4-pin relay and a CASIO cassette player
>>
>>16153278
Dont fucking kid yourself - people here are too poor and too stingy to buy new cars. You're just not going to be able to make them cheap enough.

Yes, even if you were able to mass-produce a car that bypassed all of the current strict emissios and safety standards
>>
Deregulation, allow unsafe enough cars to be made that the price point falls down to where mechanical systems are also cost effective.
>>
File: brz.jpg (211KB, 860x645px) Image search: [Google]
brz.jpg
211KB, 860x645px
>>16153256
You could have convinced them by buying the BRZ/FRS. They gave everyone the 90's cheap sports coupe everyone wanted: simple styling, no gimmicks, daily driveable, close ratio gears, lightweight, mechanical LSD, affordable price, great steering, oversteers controllably at safe speeds, easy to wrench on, perfect proportions.

But what did the enthusiast community do? Bitch about it and keep buying old junk.

Too little too late. Nobody wants a driving experience, the market decided.
>>
>>16153298
This
>>
>>16153308
>They gave everyone the 90's cheap sports coupe everyone wanted

lol no.

Not even close.
>>
>>16153308
Exactly

>WAAAAH NO POWER NO TORQUE
Good thing the "old cars" people love so much were also low HP/Torks
>>
>>16153314
>Corolla GTS/AE86 had 112HP
>AW11 had 115HP, maybe 145 if you were lucky enough to get the 4A-GZE
>240SX had 140 or 155HP
>S14 was heavier
>all these cars costed about the same as the FR-S when accounting for inflation despite being worse
>>
File: 1476465695975.jpg (20KB, 261x196px) Image search: [Google]
1476465695975.jpg
20KB, 261x196px
>>16153313
This. Every car enthusiast wants an impossible level of
>muh laptimes
>muh herspwr
>muh turq
>muh lucksiry inturiur
Even if its no fun to actually just get comfy and go for a drive in. We are too enthralled by speed and numbers and the spirit that cars had in them back in the 90s is dead.
>>
>>16153256
>stop making CPU's control more and more of the driving experience

Our collected GPS and driving data is worth money. It shows where we go, how long we stay at shops, shopping centers, government buildings, downtown, and traffic patterns.

Insurance companies can see how safe we are when driving. Do you weave in your lane? Do you use turn signals every time you turn? Do you drive carelessly causing you to stomp on the brakes? Do you drive drunk by visiting a bar (GPS) and then weave in the lane after you were at a bar driving after midnite? All that goes on your record. CPUs are here to stay. And they can be remotely commanded to mysteriously not work if that is necessary.
>>
>>16153256
This is why I love motorcycles. It's nothing but a motor and a speedometer.
>>
>>16153308
>But what did the enthusiast community do
Bought them. /o/ is full of poorfags and busriders and does not represent individual enthusiasts or communities of.

The 86 and BRZ sells quite well. They're not at all uncommon to see.
>>
>>16153256
You don't.

The past is the past, nothing more. Embrace your new 'conservative' future.
>>
>>16153287
I'd rather buy a pristine 1,000 miles on clock E36 than a 2015 3 series.
>>
>>16153454
I've personally never seen one and I regularly rotate between 3 states. They are midwestern though and people here tend to buy SUVs or "practical" cars and muscle cars
>>
File: 245.jpg (80KB, 1333x900px) Image search: [Google]
245.jpg
80KB, 1333x900px
>>16153467
>>
>>16153454
They make up 1% of Toyota's sales and 3% of Subaru's. In comparison, the Camaro and Mustang (which heavily favor spec sheets over driving experience) annihilate them in sales.
>>
>>16153278
>Make a car that's desirable and we'll buy them up
Your talk is cheap.
The manufacturer will do it if you buy 160,000 units at $45,000 each.
If sales are not met, you and all those who made the demands must die with all assets forfeited. Manner of death will be to serve as material at the Alien Food Farm where Aliens are being bred.

You make a demand of commitment. Then you should also provide a suitable commitment in return. The world is full of churls who make demands for something to be produced and then they do not buy it.
>>
>>16153484
This. The simple, analog driving experience is a niche desire. The 86 and variants are great cars, with a goddamn avalanche of awards and praise to back them up, but they are neither a status symbol nor a car designed for maximum popularity. Toyota wanted a perfectly balanced sports car, and that's what it is. But it is a niche product.
>>
>>16153308
>affordable
Yeah, $28K for a small sports car isn't affordable. $20K would have been more reasonable.
>>
>>16153636
>make a simple cheap sports car
>45k
You might be an idiot.
>>
>>16153814

>Yeah, $28K for a small sports car isn't affordable.

Tell that to the high school kids driving them. Lay off the Vidya's and get a job.
>>
>>16153840
Yeah those high school kids aren't the ones paying
>>
>>16153846

Yeah they are. They work their ass off instead of playing video games. I was making pretty good money in high school.
>>
>>16153814
And how exactly would they make it 20k?

>remove LSD
That's the point

>make FWD
That's the point

>smaller engine
Less torque is exactly what it doesn't need

>remove safety features
No longer road legal

>keep it as is, just reduce the price
It no longer makes money because poorfags will buy used anyway

Surely you have something else in mind?
>>
>>16153256
The manufacturers aren't to blame, it's the EPA.
>>
>>16153856
You're factually incorrect. The average high school kid is no where near making enough to afford an almost 30k car along with gas and insurance.
>>
>>16153902

They are in civilized places. It's not that expensive on a 6 year lease or finance, especially if you're living at home. Most kids could if they didn't spend so much on taco bell, mountain dew and video games.
>>
>>16153910
No, no. They don't. Literally anywhere. I work in finance and income levels and demographics are something I see literally every week.
>>
>>16153910
You are retarded or a boomer.
>>
>>16153919
>>16153933

You poorfags don't know 'bout that oil money.
>>
>>16153939
You are retarded or a boomer.
>>
>>16153910
Confirmed for closed-off boomer
>>
>>16153367
you know i hate niggers and Jews and all that and I always shitpost on other forums and defend /pol/ but this is the one time I'm going to say: go back to /pol/ you paranoiac conspiratard.

you can't just remotely program modern cars to stop on the highway so THE JEWS can get you, this is bullshit.
>>
>>16153278
>and we'll buy them up

and then keep them for ages. you have a very reliable, amazing tuner car and anything the OEM can do to make a new model, you can do in your garage because it's just that good. so the OEM has to scrape at your wallet by selling tuner parts and body kits instead of whole new cars

>don't buy third party goyim we're introducing an amazing new warranty

quality doesn't make nearly as much money

>"the free market always favors the people"
>t. morons
>>
>>16153919
i did

but i live with my parents

>>16154486
you're right, the LONELY WHITE MALES will hack into your car instead
>>
>>16154505
and i should add that i did poorly in school and dropped out of uni because i couldn't handle the fatigue/stress of work and school combined and now just make $50k a year and maintain the lifestyle i built up. sounds like i'm the untermensch, right?

the pay was complete garbage and you had to work double hours and shifts spaced <10 hours apart to make very much money, especially if you wanted to pay for books/tuition as a young white guy from middle class parents who didn't spend HS focusing solely on academia and eventually getting very nice scholarships

start work early with a nice car in mind and fuck yourself over

work part time at starbucks and focus on school, don't buy a car now, but buy a much nicer car later
>>
File: pence.png (499KB, 602x833px) Image search: [Google]
pence.png
499KB, 602x833px
yall need to get on dat dere /dbt/ time
(they might get computercucked too, but it'll take a while yet)

>>16154486
>you can't just remotely program modern cars to stop on the highway so THE JEWS can get you, this is bullshit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK0SrxBC1xs
>>
>>16153256
We don't.

>>16153266
The tripfuck is right.

Stop fucking whining about how modern cars look. You're just defensive that you can't afford one.
>>
>how do we convince car manufacturers to make worse cars so they can lose money

gonna be tough
>>
>>16153910

>you are all inferior to me, so kill yourself: the post
>>
>>16153405
This. I have a motorbike for 'fun'. My car is for comfy driving experience.

>>16153476
Hate to inform you, but that's still the same culture there. America is homogenous, like the food.
>>
>>16153313
i bet you that you think the 240sx & ae86 are gifts from god, faggot

>b-but muh nostalgia!!!1!!1??!!
>>
>>16155466
How would the cars be worse?
>>
>>16155546
don't worry about him, anon

he's a shitty & autismo filled driver who needs 625 driver aids to not careen off the road

he has never learned to properly control a car without useless, heavy bullshit that slows you down
>>
>>16154499
>>"the free market always favors the people"
>>t. morons
Without the market you would be getting only Ladas. And you wouldn't be getting them. Bureaucrats and their pals would be getting them.

t. East German
>>
>>16155561
its funny cuz the first car I drove was a big block El Camino and my current car is an ancient manual no assist turbo shitbox
>>
>>16155567
>lying to seem cool

it's ok buddy, hop back in your cuckmobile with lane keep assist, auto braking, autopilot, 426 airbags, & blind spot alert.

one day you'll know how to truly drive a car without something holding your hand.
>>
>>16155583
:eyeroll

I wish /o/ would stop trying so hard its really cringe
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 358x469px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 358x469px
>>16155589
>gets btfo
>damage control
>"""""cringe"""""

typical day on /o/
>>
>>16155596
:eyeroll
>>
>>16155589
Nice damage control
>>
>>16155603
claiming damage control is damage control

nice coming into a thread already damage controlling
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.