[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hold me /o/... Im hopefully going to get my first bigboy car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0846.jpg (129KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0846.jpg
129KB, 675x900px
Hold me /o/...

Im hopefully going to get my first bigboy car next week and after alot of switching ideas and interest rate nightmares i think its time to pull the trigger.

I took the advice here to build up my credit, get a better job, drive a beater. Now its been 2 years and my corolla is still a tank 60k miles later but its old, shitty,slow,not comfy, i could go on all day, but nonetheless its my beater for my 85 mile daily commute to and from work.

I found a local tuner shop that had this pop recently and its a 2003 AP1 in full mercedes white pearl, 90k on the chassis, 250 miles on a fresh F22C from an 08 AP2, Nameless full exhaust & intake. And nothing else. After seeing the car and checking it out it was like the fucking stars were aligning. The price out the door is 8200$. The title is rebuilt, the shop said the passenger door was hit but no frame damage and no airbags deployed. I honestly didnt even notice. My credit union offered me 6% for 36 months with 1000 down.
Im looking at this and a 04 WRX. Why or why not should i get the AP1
(Either car will be mostly weekender and local use in Tennessee)
>>
File: IMG_0847.jpg (82KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0847.jpg
82KB, 675x900px
Interior could be nicer but id swap for buckets anyway, If it matters im 22
>>
File: IMG_0848.jpg (154KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0848.jpg
154KB, 675x900px
Bump
>>
Skip it. Find something not rebuilt or motor swapped. That thing has probably been beaten within an inch of its life.
>>
Why was the engine swapped? Usually they last a life time even with beats.

I would have bought it in a heartbeat, but mainly because its super cheap compared to what they usualy cost here (more than 2x the price)
>>
>>16150116
don't do it. some insurance comapanies might not even insure rebuilt cars.
>>
>rebuilt title
make sure you know exactly what you're getting into, man
>>
>SOUTHRNFRESH

skip
>>
Skip this..

Repainted, rebuilt, motor swapped. This AP1 will be nothing but problems, those in the community would only use this as a track car.

I own an AP2 and if you look around there are better examples out there.
>>
>>16150116
As others said skip, we know how it is when you feel like the stars aligned but do not do it. Without full documentation and all before/after pictures and solid proof you have no idea what was done to that car.

Passenger door being hit, no frame damage, but it has a brand new motor? And for $8200? Ask yourself why. That thing probably has underlying frame damage or at the absolute least other issues, I'd bet money if it was put on a rack that frames tweaked.

Find something else man, there's no rush if you have a reliable low mile beater, your credit can always improve, and you can save more money. Be wise about this, you're only 22, even waiting a year can not only save you money but also mean more options to choose from with a better budget.

>6%@36/mo
This shit should summon LPG.

At the end of the day even if it all checked out, its a rebuilt title. Insurance would write it off in a heartbeat, you may have higher rates due to the title, some companies won't even touch it, especially given the car itself and your age.

>wrx meme
You'll pay twice as much for an even more haggard car 9 times out of 10. I've seen too many people have issues with the subie meme to ever recommend used ones to people unless they're the holy grail everything's flawless and actually maintained not thrashed ones.
>>
>>16150120
>tuner shop
>that sticker
>extremely dirty seats
That car has be thrashed.
>>
Ive slept on it and you guys are right. I already had my insurance company agree to insure the car which is why i even started going for it in the first place. If i get a new car my bank has a program for sub 25 year olds with fair credit and im good for up to 15k on a car 2010 or newer and 30k on 2015 or newer, the rates on these were .9% but i wasnt sure if i wanted to commit to a 15-30k loan. I had the AP1 rosy shades on i suppose. After looking at more records this car has had 8 previous owners too, i can count on you guys after all.
>>
>>16150116
>Rebuilt Title

lel NOPE
>>
>>16150116
don't do it. it's a piece of shit. buy one with the original engine and a clean title. Sellers always say "the wreck wasn't that bad bro". Google the vin to see if pictures of it crashed come up.
>>
>>16150116
Don't get a loan for something so cheap.

The price is good but a rebuilt title is a little worrying. Especially if you ever plan on selling it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161112-111812.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161112-111812.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
http://www.acuraoffremont.com/auto/used-2007-honda-s2000-base-fremont-94538-ca/14622845/
>>
>>16151351
>8 previous owners
Jesus Christ what a slut
>>
S2000 has no major mechanical faults. For it to go through a engine swap, they must have really had to track and thrash it to hell. 8 owners? what the fuck
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.