[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How realistic is it physics and driving handling wise? >inb4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: header[1].jpg (51KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
51KB, 460x215px
How realistic is it physics and driving handling wise?

>inb4 /ovg/
>inb4 get dirt rally

I got this one for free, disabled all asists, play with a keyboard on Group B rally racing and was able to finish 2nd in my third try. I want to know if its just illustion of me being good because the game has similar physics of driving as Driver San fransisco or if i am genuinely fucking good.
>>
>>16149222
Nice trips. I own the game, and I can tell you that the games is really easy to get good at and the physics are not all that realistic (but in a good way)
>>
>>16149222
i have it on the 360, and i've had a ton of fun with it. Once you get the hang of it it's pretty damn easy, but if you're wanting to buy it, do it.
>>
>How realistic is it physics and driving handling wise?

Absolutely not at all
>>
File: yoyo.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yoyo.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
The game is fun. I wouldn't say it's anywhere close to realistic. Just took pic related after I saw this thread. Keyboard, no assists, Group B rally.
>>
Good with an XB1 controller? I have no access to my wheel atm
>>
>>16149776
hardcore diff? with the hardest AI?

Well. What a shame :( now i have to get down from my high horse.
>>
>>16149222

It's simcade. You can get a modded launcher that lets you drop the grip levels to a percentage of the originals, but it's still not "realistic"(though lots of fun). Dirt Rally is also a joke in the handling department when compared to RBR and RSRBR.
>>
Not OP, I don't understand why he wouldn't post this. Wants to keep it to himself I guess.

For anybody interested, here is Dirt 3 complete edition for free. Enjoy.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dirt-3-complete-edition-free-game
>>
>>16149961
Its just that i dont have enough money for a steering wheel but i really want to get fucking good at simulators.

Ive played so much BeamNG and some simulators and MSC with keyboard that simcades or arcade racing games just feel like shit.

Ive retried NFS MW 2005 which is my fav NFS game and i could NOT stand the physics. The car were on ice so much i just uninstalled the game.

Tried the crew and i am doubting about uninstalling it because of how shitty the physics are.

I just want a fucking simulator game and know that i can get good at it without investing 1000 bucks for a steering wheel and a basic 3 pedal setup.
>>
>>16149972
IF you have an xbox one or PS3/4, the Forza games (excluding horizon), and Gran Torismo games are really good. try them.
>>
>>16150008
I dont have a PS3/4 and while i really like hardcore sim, i like hardcore sim even more if its open world, so things like horizon or TDU1 are what i really fucking want :(
>>
>>16149972
a logitech wheel is less than $400 and rfactor2 can be pirated.
i don't know where you got $1000 from unless you're talking about getting iRacing and all of its content.
>>
File: negcon.jpg (234KB, 772x1029px) Image search: [Google]
negcon.jpg
234KB, 772x1029px
>>16149776
buy a negcon and a PS1->USB adapter
>>
>>16150035
i live in southamerica. That's why.

I might think about US shipping to argentina. But tax for imports might fuck me with no lube.
>>
>>16149222
any game that has "assists" like Dirt 3 doesn't even deserve to exist.
>>
File: 20161112104144_1.jpg (238KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
20161112104144_1.jpg
238KB, 1280x768px
DUDE GYMKHANA LMAO
>>
>>16149222
This is on Humblebundle right now for 100% free on Steam, just so you guys know.
>>
>>16149972
Why dont you just play an actual simulator if you want to get good at simulators?

There are plenty of people who play sims with just a gamepad and are still happy. If you don't want or can't afford a wheel+pedal setup, then it's not the end of the world.

And if you are already mad at the games you played, boy you will be mad at yourself when you will try games with some actual realism in them
>>
>>16150376
Gymkhana ruined the game for me 2bh, I prefer Dirt 2 for that sole reason.
>>
>>16149222
LMAO dude, you should play on beginner difficulty, it actually breaks for you and follows the racing line sometimes.
>>
>>16150088

buy an used DFGT/G25/G27 moran
>>
I play all racing games on a G27 and say im fairly skilled, but i absolutely ate dogs ass at this game with a wheel. I dont know why.. i did better with a controller. Maybe rally isnt my thing
>>
File: 1317969142425.jpg (110KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1317969142425.jpg
110KB, 600x600px
>racing game with a keyboard

Shit nigga just go get a third party xbone controller or something even that would be x100 better
>>
>>16150630
i am playing on difficulty 6 with no ABS, "LMAO dude".
>>
>>16150777
your may have trips, but you are still sputing bullshit

there is nothing wrong with keyboard

you just have know how to handle the keys
>>
>>16150777
My favorite genre is racing and I've been playing it with a keyboard or controller buttons for the last 18 years or so. It actually feels more natural than wiggling a thumbstick around by now. The only things it's insufficient for are actual simulators.
>>
>>16150626
Dirt 3 has more of a focus on goin fast in da woods and that is enough to bring it so much above dirt 2's Constant memecross that it can't even be seen
>>
>>16150014
Horizon is not a sim, its pretty arcadey.
>>
>>16150626
I just miss dirt 2's warm aesthetic and soundtrack.
>>
>>16153508
But its either that or nothing since there is no TDU3
>>
I loved dirt 3 with the G27 and on 900 degrees of rotation. It was fucking crazy and intense. I like dirt rally too but thats nowhere near as intense because realism results in much lower speeds. I am a sim guy but dirt 3 has a special place for me due to its sheer craziness.
>>
I finished the first season with full driver assist and automatic, should i change to advance and manual, how hard is it?
>>
>>16153520
Horizon took all the best stuff from TDU and added a bit of Dirt with NFS and it all works fantastically.
>>
>>16149972
I see old school Microsoft wheels/pedals for 20$ at my local thrift store.

Lots of fun but no clutch/gearknob.
>>
>>16155053
game can be quite fucking hardcore. I have every difficulty option cranked up, on manual, no HUD, not even ABS and its kicking my ass and i love it

>>16155084
Yes. But there is no replacement. If someone took Horizon and remade it as something more realistic i would buy it in a dime.

>>16155101

I can find cheap wheel and pedals everywhere too. But as soon as we talk about 3 pedal setup or force feedback the price skyrockets.
>>
>>16149781
Twitchy with an xb1 controller on the PC, but still fun.
>>
>>16149961
I got it from here and I'm having a lot of fun with it, really, jump on this if you have the time
>>
>>16149222

Do people still play this online on XB1? Thinking about getting it but don't want to spend the money if there's no community.
>>
Using this game to teach my grill about racing lines
>realism
it's no Gran Turismo
>fun and challenging
even on casual the later racing series get harder and setting up your vehicle matters more

>if only there was no ken block gymkhana shit
I just want to race
>>
>>16158512
Honestly. Even granturismo cannot be held as an actual simulator nowadays.
>>
>>16149222
>play with a keyboard

Well there's your problem, get those rocketcandy 360 controllers which are really cheap
>>
>>16151387
Ehhh, I would usually agree with you, but controllers are objectively better for racing games. You have more control over turns, braking, and acceleration.
>>
>>16158673
You can't argue that being able to vary the amount of input you put in is worse than only using absolutes i.e. on or off.
>>
>>16158779
Yes because that's how you normally drive a car irl, right?
>>
>>16159038
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic

Fuck yes that's how I drive my car, I don't turn the wheel 90 degrees for a half second
>>
>>16160887
Your post implied that using "absolutes" inputs is better than being able to vary the intensity of the input and my sarcastic reply implied that that's not how you drive a real car at all.
You don't accelerate with pulses of 100% gas all the time or brake by mashing the brake pedal to the max or turn by quickly oscillating the steering wheel between straight and full lock position
>>
if you want realism, get assetto corsa
>>
>>16155792
Have you even PLAYED Horizon 3? Mate it feels perfect.

>decide to try GRID: 2 after a month of FH3 because fuck it, had gotten it with games w/ gold for free a while ago.

>Start first race
>why are my tires made fom black ice
>why does my car weigh 2 lbs
>go back to Horizon 3
>everything is perfect again
>>
>>16162305
This. Assetto corsa is actually a challenging racing game. Even though there isnt a massive amount of content, the way the steering, brakes, throttle and weight distribution feels is awesome.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.