[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mazda Tribute or Subaru Forester lads? Need a car with good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: cars.png (1MB, 1188x392px) Image search: [Google]
cars.png
1MB, 1188x392px
Mazda Tribute or Subaru Forester lads?

Need a car with good luggage space and proper grip on snow during winter. Occasional light off-roading is a must as well.

These two are in my budget range. Subaru sounds really tempting with the turbo option, but Mazda has that comfy V6 for highway cruising. What do you say, /o/?
>>
File: Toytoa-Rav4-1996-10.jpg (84KB, 1140x643px) Image search: [Google]
Toytoa-Rav4-1996-10.jpg
84KB, 1140x643px
>>16147177
Rav4
>>
File: 2007 outback sport impreza.jpg (191KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
2007 outback sport impreza.jpg
191KB, 640x427px
>>16147177
Impreza Outback Wagon or Legacy Outback Wagon
>>
>>16147193
Make sure to get a N/A 2.5 before 2005, too.
>>
File: _.jpg (21KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
21KB, 250x250px
>>16147195
>>
>>16147177
The Tribute is the Ford Escape in burgerland, I drove dozens for work and they are very simple and boring compared to the Forester. Not really built for off-roading like the Forester is, just has more ground clearance.

The plus side for the Tribute is you won't feel as bad about beating it up as you would with the Subaru because they are pretty shit at holding value.
>>
>>16147205
Tbh for the V6 maza price you propably would have a hard time finding a turbo forester (unless we talk about the 1st gen)
>>
>>16147225
True, the Tribute will definitely be the better deal when your shopping it against turbo'd Forester, especially the newer XT models.

IMO they are kind of pointless, I would bet that the majority of people who buy Foresters could give a shit about it being turbo-charged as the N/A models get around just fine.
>>
>>16147243
Well i have a 2003 2.0 n/a auto forester and it's okay for casual driving around, but god damn if it's not the slowest thing i've ever driven.
>>
>>16147252
Ah I had the memetastic N/A 2.5 and it had plenty of power in the Forester and Legacy Outback. Those cars would definitely be turds with the 2.0.
>>
For the love of god, do not get the Tribute, the motor, both of them, are prone to seal/gasket failure. Every single one. I work at Ford and the amount of times we see an Escape come in that DOESN'T have a leak is minuscule.
>>
>>16147293
so are subarus made before 2009 desu
>>
>>16147269

I've driven one around for 5 years now, a 04 Outback. I've taken it up to 14,000 feet packed with gear, I've driven in all climes, I currently use it to haul shit for work. Its got power, but its certainly no sports car.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.