[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reason to upgrade to big brakes on my 2010 mustang

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1743.jpg (254KB, 700x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1743.jpg
254KB, 700x758px
Is there any reason to upgrade to big brakes on my 2010 mustang gt? i haven't taken it to a track or anything since I've owned it, and the only real time that I feel as though the regular brakes are a problem is when I need to slow down from 120+ on the highway. ive already done a full suspension package so there's nothing left to do there.
>>
>>16136509
There's nothing wrong with having bigger brakes under any circumstances.
They look nice and have the added function of saving your life if it comes down to that.
>>
Just get some good softer pads like Porterfields. You aren't going to feel much difference with the big brakes except for sustained use
>>
>>16136525
Can you explain what you mean by sustained use? Do you mean braking more over a short period of time or maybe braking at higher speeds?
>>
>>16136561
He means a shorter period of time. Big brakes resist heating up.
>>
Are Wilwoods good? Only BBK option for the FiST that is front and rear. System is almost half the weight of the stock brakes.
>>
>>16137706
Wilwoods feel weird. I can't describe it. Maybe it's pedal travel or engagement.

They just don't feel like Brembos.
>>
Big brakes are for people who are repeatedly abusing their brakes, need the extra modulation, and need the extra braking torque. Basically, people with sticky tires on a track.
>>
>>16137769
So chad in his mustang doing high way pulls cant benefit from them?
>>
>>16136516
There are lots of things wrong with having bigger brakes than you need.
>>
Bigger brakes on a street car are a meme

its cheaper to just put decent rotors on and pads and change your fluids more frequently
>>
Good pads, new fluids and lines are all that you really need.

I've always wanted to put them on just for aesthetics, though. Nothing looks better behind some aftermarket wheels than a nice. I'm just OCD though.
>>
>>16136509
They can give ya more stopping force theoretically, if you have the tires to back it up. But the main thing is lasting longer, ive raced until i began to feel the rotors warp a few times, and once my brakes went out by like 90%. If you are doing any road racing, running from police, auto x, switchback speeding, etc...Id get those and tires first.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.