[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm between a Toyobaru BR86 and a new manual Civic hatch.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

I'm between a Toyobaru BR86 and a new manual Civic hatch. I don't have to decide soon or anything, but I wanted to start getting an idea in my mind. I really like the styling / idea of fun handling (I used to own an NA Miata.) I also like the styling and practicality of the new Civic hatch.

Is it worth throwing away practicality for fun handling / great styling?s

As a side note, I live in Seattle and the traffic seems like huge pain with a manual, but I commute before 5am so I don't think it would be too bad.

Opinions?
>>
Both are terrible choices. Get a Mustang GT or Challenger R/T. Then you don't have to sacrifice practicality for performance like Jap cars.
>>
>>16134107

>Asks about cars A and B
>Suggests cars F and G.

k
>>
why not go for the hot shot honda civic hatchback turbo manual? brz/frs was so last year
>>
>>16134107

I've never cared much for American muscle. Too fuel inefficient and unnecessarily big. Going fast in a straight line doesn't appeal to me much.

>>16134127

Turbo manual sounds very fun and practical to me. That's definitely the trim I would go for.
>>
>>16134019
Seattle traffic inbound starts to get bad about 445 around seatac. If you're in the thick of it daily, don't bother with a manual, you will hate yourself.

Also
>I also like the styling...of the new Civic hatch.

Lmfao
>>
>>16134122
He wants performance and practicality.

>>16134219
So really you just want a prius.
>>
File: 1477768401542.png (84KB, 360x345px) Image search: [Google]
1477768401542.png
84KB, 360x345px
>>16134019
>FWD
>>
>>16134302

If the Prius had more power I might consider it desu.
>>
>>16134019
>Is it worth throwing away practicality for fun handling / great styling?s
Yes.

If it pains you so get the 86/BRZ and buy a cheap shitbox Civic off Craigslist if you really need something practical too.
>>
>>16134302
>performance
Civic beat both of your amerilard cars around the burgerking
>practicality
It's a civic
>of or relating to a city or town, especially its administration; municipal.
Literally the definition of practical for OP's situation
>>
Something I'd be worried about in general if I did get a newer car that I'd want to take care of: random cosmetic damage.

Is it as common in the city as people say it is? I feel like I see plenty of flawless nice cars everywhere I go. What if cosmetic damage does end up happening? Do I just have something on hand at all times to deal with things like that? That seems really shitty.
>>
why not wait for the new Civic SI?
>>
>>16134019
>buying a new econobox or a shitty toyobaru
I sure hope you guys don't do this
>>
>>16136807

If they announce anything by the time I'm in the market for a new car I'll consider waiting. A lot of me doesn't want to spend what will probably be $30k+ on one though. I'll see though. I absolutely love the TypeR but I think that will be over $40k right? Maybe the SI would be a nice middle.
>>
>>16136851
>Maybe the SI would be a nice middle.
I think so, the Type R will definitely be pretty pricey, and the styling is a bit much.
>>
>>16136856

For me the styling is what really sells it for me. I love how over the top, striking, polarizing it is. People hate and people love it. I'm probably some ricer shitlord at heart and maybe that's why it appeals to me. For me though it'll be performance, practicality, AND styling. And if I had the money it'd be too good to pass up. There's a small part of me that wants to say 'fuck it' and sit in a shitbox for another year until the TypeR is available because I really do love everything about it.
>>
>Retards talking shit about the Toyobaru
Having driven both, the 86 is a much better ride, and the Civic doesn't have much more space to make up for it. Get the 86.
>>
>>16137262
>He fell for the slow car meme
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.