[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is going on? >2009 Honda with 85k miles >has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1470697997650.jpg (60KB, 549x542px) Image search: [Google]
1470697997650.jpg
60KB, 549x542px
What the fuck is going on?

>2009 Honda with 85k miles
>has never had a problem
>replaced the brake pads a while back but they're still fairly new
>had the rotors turned when I noticed the car vibrating when braking
>vibration is back despite the rotors being turned less than 3k ago
>I don't live in an area with hills or mountains

It's not like a left-to-right vibration but more of a back-to-front. My steering wheel does NOT vibrate and it causes no problems in me going high speeds or staying in a straight line. The vibration only occurs when applying the brakes.

What the fuck is going on? If this actually is my rotors, what would cause this washboard like vibration so soon after being turned?
>>
from my limited knowledge, perhaps the rotors were torqued unevenly meaning they're not on 100% flush with the hub? other than that no idea,
>>
did you grease your caliper guide pins?
>>
forget to balance the rotors?
>>
OH LOOK IS THIS THREAD AGAIN

SAME FUCKING PIC AND EVERYTHING

I GUESS SPAMMING YOUR FUCKING BULLSHIT WITH NO RESPONSE BEFORE WASNT ENOUGH

THE ISSUE IS YOU ARE A FAILURE AT LIFE, YOU CANT AFFORD BEYOND A HONDA WITH ALMOST 100K MILES AND YOU DONT EVEN HAVE ENOUGH BRAINS OR FUCKING MONEY TO TAKE IT TO A PROFESIONAL

I BET YOU FAILED TO LIVE UP TO YOUR DREAMS
>>
soak the rotors in wd-40
>>
>turning rotors
Just buy new ones, and eliminate runout this time
>>
your rotors are warped
you don't get them turned, ever. you get them replaced.
replace your rotors, or don't its not that big a deal just going to be annoying for you.
>>
>>16133300
also this
>>
I'm trying to source this problem in my honda as well. Mine is a 91 hatch but still the same issue. I recantly replaced the rotors and pads, as well as took apart, cleaned, and regreased all moving pieces on the calipers. Still the same shit. Next thing I'm thinking is tie rod ends. Mine are still stock so when I get to it, it's going to be a full replacement followed by an alignment. For you I'd see about getting just an alignment done since your car isn't as old as mine.
>>
>>16133293
>>16133310
>>16133324

do this op. I just fixed my brakes afterr having this very same problem.

>turning rotors

You fell for the meme and paid someone else to polish your shitty rotors.
>>
>>16131510
>turning rotors
do you live in fucking nigeria, buy new rotors and that's it
>>
>>16131510
Easy, kill her entire family, then fuck for the rest of time.
>>
>>16133301
this always works

did it on my integra when i put on new pads, it helped bed them in and delete vibrations
>>
Don't listen to these people, op. Turning rotors works just fine. As long as they are within spec and the person machining them knows what they're doing its the better option. But hey lets throw away a perfectly good rotor for no reason
>>
>>16133310
>>16133635
>>16134873

This, do not turn rotors, replace them. I helped a friend with brakes, and he was trying to do it on the cheap, had an irish automotive chain turn them, they looked like fucking records afterwards, with groves all through them.

replace rotors with pads, or leave the rotors alone and enjoy shitty braking.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.