[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dodge Intrepid RWD Conversion Why don't more people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: UszA_n.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
UszA_n.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>Dodge Intrepid RWD Conversion
Why don't more people do this? It's so easy, the engine's already mounted in the correct direction, all you gotta do is swap in a RWD transmission, rear diff and axle, and a driveshaft.
>>
>tfw my first car was an intrepid
>it had one of those foot activated parking brakes that i used every day and sometimes forgot to release
>the light for it didn't work (cuz it was a 250k mile piece of shit)
>only just now learned that they were fwd
Now I know what the noise was that it made when I drove it with the parking brake on
>>
>>16127124
intrepids are ugly cheaply built cars that should have all disappeared under the cash for clunkers program.

The only people who would find this a good idea are domiciled in trailer parks.
>>
>>16127124
>Sludge engines
>>
>>16127124
>all you gotta do is swap in a RWD transmission, rear diff and axle, and a driveshaft.

Where is the driveshaft going to go? Where's the transmission going to go? What about the firewall? Engine mounts? It's not a simple "Just shove this shit in and done." Or you'd be seeing RWD Integras, and Preludes all over the place
>>
>>16127155
I mean it kinda is. There's already most of a transmission tunnel, since the platform was originally designed to be RWD. You can take the guts of a Plymouth Prowler and stick it into an Intrepid and it'll all fit very nicely.
>>
>>16127150
That's why you swap a big block in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLSrwAgIv58
>>
>>16127124
Why would you want this?
>>
>>16127149

i actually haven't seen a dodge intrepid in years
>>
File: 1477658594134.jpg (32KB, 460x423px) Image search: [Google]
1477658594134.jpg
32KB, 460x423px
>>16127124
>why wont more people dump their hard earned money and time into a worthless, poorly built 15-year old econobox?
>>
File: 1416783612395.jpg (22KB, 230x320px) Image search: [Google]
1416783612395.jpg
22KB, 230x320px
>longitudinal fwd
>>
The 3.5 is quite the engine, but it sits retardedly forward due to the fwd-ness.
I can see why, but meh.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.