[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm a plain Jane and don't know much about cars.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: trans am.jpg (215KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
trans am.jpg
215KB, 1024x576px
So I'm a plain Jane and don't know much about cars. But I been talking with a coworker who's into the whole car scene and I talk about it with him even though I'm not really into. He tells me about all the stuff he does with his Subaru STI and the other people and cars in the "Rumble Squad" he's with. Recently brought up I've always wanted a Firebird or Trans Am WS6, he's now the devil on my shoulder whispering in my ear "Get the Trans Am, make it your project car, come roll with me and the squad at our car meets"

But as someone with no real knowledge on cars, and the only work I've done on my own car is replace the oil, swap out a throttle body and replaced broken lug nuts and studs, what would I even be getting into going in blind on a project car?
>>
WS6 has a tax on it. They're expensive as shit. Just find an Fbody camaro if you like the trans am

>rumble squad
>STi

I bet they're vaping faggits
>>
>>16123504
Out of the people I've met from the "Rumble Squad" only person I know of vapes and it's this big ass dude with a big ass beard and drives a raised outback Subaru cause he does alot of offroading out in the mountains
>>
But as someone who's not really car savvy, is jumping into a project car a wise idea? I wouldn't even know where to start working, the engine and brakes seem like the best place
>>
>>16123689
Engine and Transmission, Brakes and Wheels+Tires, Everything else after those. If the project car is stripped, then everything to get it running well at a minimum, then back to the order.

If the project car has anything broken, or missing, whatever it/they are, then the order.
>>
>>16123504
First you make sure your brakes are good. If they, are, make sure to fix anything seriously wrong with the car in terms of reliability. Then fix things like rust before it gets out of hand.

At that point, you gotta make a choice. Do you want the car to be pretty first and then fast, or fast first and then pretty?

Pretty:
Paint, interior/upholstery, nice wheels in any order

Fast:
Tires first. Then suspension. Power means nothing without those.
After that you can start worrying about the drivetrain. The drivetrain work should be done back to front. First decide on what final drive/diff you want/need to get the most out of your current transmission if you want to keep it, or whatever you plan to replace it with. Then do the trans itself. Either a rebuild if necessary, or a swap if you want something more out of it (like more gears, swap to manual, etc). Make sure to plan ahead in terms of power you plan on making later. Then finally do the engine. Power is the last component of going fast without breaking parts left and right. Install a roll cage and multi-point harness if you plan on having too much fun in that car.

Try to do most work yourself, but if you don't have the skills, just show some bills. That said, if you wanna do any modifications, you need to know how they work and what they'll do for you even if you cannot install them yourself.
>>
>>16123724
cold air intake = first mod, best mod
>>
>>16123510
Is it really that bad? I know they're the same body for the most part, but something about the Camaro Fbody just doesn't sit right with me, would getting an older trans am or fire bird be better?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.