[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> 2014 Jetta 1.8t Manual Checked oil level when cleaning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

> 2014 Jetta 1.8t Manual

Checked oil level when cleaning my car today, _super_ low for the miles. Might be burning oil. Close enough to when I need to do a change. Of course the dealer had shit hours for the service department and isn't open on a Sunday. I found some STP oil filter that claims it fits my car. It looks similar. Whats the worst case if I use this bullshit off brand filter?
>>
>>16121125
I forgot, no one here actually

>cars

they just shit post about track times for cars they can't afford.
>>
>>16121125
Be careful warranty wise.
>>
>>16121125
>bought a girl's car

why are you even checking the oil? drive it until an idiot light comes on then take it to the dealer. you don't need to risk breaking a nail, honey.
>>
>>16121125
Nigga you are so fucking car illiterate its sad. You can use it, but they aren't very good filters. Also idk your warranty terms and conditions, so you gotta read up make sure it won't void it
>>
>>16121125
>I found some STP oil filter that claims it fits my car. It looks similar. Whats the worst case if I use this bullshit off brand filter?

You were going to get the oil change at the dealer? But then you decide to do it on your own with an STP oil filter?

Make up your mind. Or is this some bait fake story by someone that doesn't even know how to do an oil change (alphonse).....
>>
>>16121295
No. I was going to the dealer to buy a filter.
>>
>>16121125
My mate has that car. Feels horrible to drive, are all VWs the same?
>>
>>16121311
Personally speaking, I drove a Jetta wagon with the NA 2.5l and I actually enjoyed it. It's not slow or fast, the torquey low end makes it mildly fun to drive.
>>
>>16121322
Nah, not talking about Power.
Everything felt bad, the clutch, accelerator, steering. It's hard to describe, but it felt floaty.
>>
>>16121311
>are all VWs the same
I have a 2016 Passat. It's decently fast once it's moving but turning feels weird. That could be because I've gone from a 90's RWD with lots of low end power to a modern FWD with nothing on the low end though. As a DD though it's bretty comfy as long as it's not stop and go due to the turbo lag.
>>
>>16121311
I drive it as a daily to go to and from work. It's fast enough to get around the rustbuckets on the ohio freeways that cause issues. It's not really fun to drive but it gets me to and from work without issues
>>
>>16121301
>I was going to the dealer to buy a filter.
Many areas have a 24 hour wal-mart within 25 miles since that is their placing plan. So even if you feel that hankering to do an oil change at 8PM on saturday night (dealer parts dept open monday at 8AM), you can.

But if you're willing to go to wal-mart, they have Fram and Bosch oil filters. The fram ultra series is pretty good especially for engines that have lots of oil pressure spikes. Those filters have a metal mesh even inside each of the pleats. Thus the filter won't get a blow-through hole. Engines that do a lot of start/stop cycles such as hybrids or Ecotec (GM) benefit from ultra filters.

You can also use guides at various online car parts shops to pick the oil and air filter for your car. It's not like you have buy the filter at the site. Just use the selector tool to find out the filter model number. So you'll see what cars that STP filter of yours works with.

Note that your local closest wal-mart is able to get most of the items at the walmart.com website with no shipping charge. The website has many things a walmart superstore doesn't have, but you can have it shipped to the store for free and you simply go there and pick it up a few days later. So you can get some fairly esoteric stuff that way including soundproofing materials, tools, and odd filters no retail store will stock.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.