[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sister just drove home from dealership "wah wah, car smells

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: civic.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
civic.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
Sister just drove home from dealership "wah wah, car smells like oil".

Checked - oil cap gone. Could there have been damage to the camshafts from driving 5 miles at 50mph?

Does oil on belts really cause an issue.

Please help soon.
>>
>>16119116
Return to dealership and let them clean up the mess.
>>
>>16119116
Nah, happened to me once while I was driving 70+ for at least 20 miles. It was fine just refill
>>
>>16119120

Do I just ask to clean up the mess or to change the accessory belts and plugs? I am not trying to get free shit - it's just fucked up that the fucking stealership does this.
>>
>>16119116
And the only issue oil on belts will cause is a bit of slip on the idle or tension pulleys but those don't really matter and probably won't affect anything much. Had you spilled brake fluid or maybe even tranny fluid would be a different issue
>>
>>16119131

Alright, thanks.
>>
>>16119127
Clean it your self fgt. Get some degree service from Walmart (the biodegradable one in a purple bottle) let it sit for a couple of minutes and hose it down.
Or take it to those car washes with a pressure washer and hose it down while it's running, they even have a setting just for engine bay washing
>>
>>16119131
>being wrong and offering advise

Oil on belts causes them to swell. It ruins their composition and nessesitates replacement. Make sure to get new belts, Oh-Pee.
>>
>>16119149

They fucking told me "it's not necessary".
>>
>>16119424
Oil on belts causes early failure due to glazing. Since it was caused by them as a faulty maintenance, you should have them correct it. Of course they will automatically say it is not necessary. But you can always contact your state attorney general and see if they have an opinion on this.
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (78KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
78KB, 600x450px
>>16119142

>while running

wat.
>>
>>16119544
It's better to wash an engine while it's running
>>
>>16119529

Thanks, I am looking for non-forum articles to print out right now. Essentially something I can shove in their face.
>>
>>16119555
Just shut up. This is what you get for not doing it yourself. Change the oil yourself, change the belt yourself, never go back there.
>>
File: mierda.png (135KB, 288x415px) Image search: [Google]
mierda.png
135KB, 288x415px
>>16119553
you mean because it wont start after youve sprayed all the electrical contacts with water or so you dont crack the head from cooling it too quickly?

>not a troll i sware on me mum.
>>
>>16119571

>Just shut up. This is what you get for not doing it yourself.

>Change oil on my whole family's cars

Yea, no thanks. Hurr durr do it yourself is nice, but there is a limit to where it becomes a fucking waste of time.
>>
>>16119131

Oil degrades rubber you mong

OP the dealership should change all belts that have been affected, even if they seem fine now, they will have lost thousands or probably ten thousands of miles of durability
>>
>>16119575
No.
If the engine stops running you can then at least know where you fucked up.
>>
>>16119589
>limit to where it becomes a fucking waste of time
Kinda like the countless hours of bullshit you've just got yourself into for your stupid sisters sake?
>>
>>16119589
how many cars could it be? i do mine and my sister's and dad's and mom's.
>>
>>16119116
Nigger what I drove my Cherokee around for like 3 months with no gas cap and hooned like a motherfucker for most of that time. You're fine.
>>
>>16120112
Gas cap and oil cap are two different things, anon
>>
>>16119575
If you have to ask... you probably dont deserve an answer
>>
>>16119627
Do you even have a family or are you still mad they kicked you out of the basement
>>
>>16119116
Learn to write.
>>
>>16119116
No dramas mate. Just consider it extra crankcase ventilation. Fit a cap when you can and degrease oil spills.

Oil on the belt wont do anything bad, though it might cause belt slippage.

Oldfags like me lived in the days where you'd put a tranny fluid on your V belts to stop them squealing. Newfags will cry about this and wonder how we possibly survived.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.