[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys I am wanting to twin turbo a buick 3800 with two CT20

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Hi guys

I am wanting to twin turbo a buick 3800 with two CT20 turbos. I know there is a lot of work involved but I can do all of this myself.

Does anyone have any experience with these engines?

It is specifically a 2001 commodore.
>>
I would need to relocate following
>brake controller/reservoir
>power steering reservoir
>battery
>ignition coils

And possibly get a better radiator and oil coolers.

I am intend to get all the parts off the chinese to keep this very low cost. Still looking for titanium valves.

Am I mad?
>>
>>16107077
Not worth it, they're not particularly good engines.

t. 2003 VY owner
>>
>>16107093
>wasting time and money on twin turboing a V6 Commodore
>not even doing it properly with quality parts

Why?
>>
That's an ecotec, not a Buick.
You'll need fuel pump, injectors, 2 bar map sensor on top of all your manifolds and shit. The Delco 808 ecu is pretty easily tunable. If it's got the 4l60e that's not gonna last long, you might want to swap to a tuff th400 or th700r4
>>
>>16107077
Better off buying a Turbo Barra.
>>
pretty sure theres kits for the ecotec shitbox.

>never l8 in my 3.8
>breakin ur neck with the ecotec

etc etc.
>>
File: 1448612399369.jpg (15KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1448612399369.jpg
15KB, 323x323px
>>16107077
>>16107093
>>16107350
>>16107408
this

OP why the fuck would you want to do that?
>purposely creating a headache for yourself
>supercharged of the same car exists for cheap
>V8 of the same car exists for cheap
>xr6t exists and is way better
>overall huge waste of time and money
>>
>>16107496 cont.
You'll spend thousands, it's going to make fuck all power and run like shit, and nobody will want to buy that bullshit from you when you're done.

These projects are always clogging up gumtree when they inevitably fail
>>
Swap in an L67 supercharged ecotec + trams for $700 it will be much better to turbo and more reliable , lower compression , stronger internals, bigger injectors. Do it op fuck the haters make that mang mang go
>>
>>16107525
Fuck, i wouldnt even bother swapping one in, you can buy a factory fitted L67 for cheap now days.
Smaller pulley, Yella Terra/MACE water to air cooler will see the car into the 14 sec bracket easy.
>>
>>16107541
so about as fast as an old 250 learner bike then

literally why bother?
>>
>>16107612
>so about as fast as an old 250 learner bike then
The only 250 learner bike going that fast has a very limited serviceable life.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.