[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /o/. I have a question for you that I doubt you will be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: amg.jpg (138KB, 710x379px) Image search: [Google]
amg.jpg
138KB, 710x379px
Hello /o/. I have a question for you that I doubt you will be able to answer, but I wanted to get some second opinions on the stuff that I've turned up via my research.

Basically, I just turned 20 and am scared shitless of being a wagecuck for the rest of my life and wanting to commit suicide for the rest of my life. The only thing that makes me feel even remotely passionate is competition, and more specifically, going fast. I want to become a professional driver. I come from a family that is pretty rich, but more 'get a wagecuck job out of college and work but you wont have to worry about finances because when your grandparents/parents die you'll probably be alright', rather than oil-baron rich where I'd be set for life and could probably just start my own team.

What is the best way to get into racing with the hopes of turning it into something more than a hobby/gentleman racer?

pic somewhat related
>>
You're too late.
>>
>>16097427
I realize this, but I'm a stubborn fuck so here we are.
>>
>>16097421
>What is the best way to get into racing with the hopes of turning it into something more than a hobby/gentleman racer?

git gud.

Either start from the bottom with actually grassroots racing (kart, dirtbikes, SCCA, etc) and be able to pull in sponsers like nobody's business or hope that you luck out on your Playstation and get called up to the Gran Turismo Academy.
>>
Alright kid I like your style. Get yourself a car, enter the racing series. Any series. Place top 10 in the season and ill start you off with a $100k/year sponsorship.
>>
>>16097440
Yeah. It seemed like from what I looked up that karts were the best option as far as grassroots stuff is concerned, at least until I've built up enough skill to move into SCCA or other roadcar stuff. As for GT Academy, I thought that ended? I will have to get the fuck on that.
>>
>I'm scared shitless of having to work for a living like the rest of humanity because I wasted high school instead of using it to build a foundation from which I could build a life of financial freedom and NOT have to work forever
Retard
Get a clapped out 240 and drift it in the Walmart parking lot like everybody else who turned out like you, or put your fucking ass on straight and build a financial plan.
>>
>>16097535
Actually I'm a 4.0 engineering student with no student debt but thanks senpai. Financials/grades have nothing to do with this. I just don't want to be another cog in the machine wagecuck working 9-5 every day.

You shouldn't project onto others.
>>
File: slider_5.png (523KB, 970x400px) Image search: [Google]
slider_5.png
523KB, 970x400px
>>16097421
There are entry level spec-class karts.
Formula Ford.
Formula Mazda.
Usually a bunch of old farts cruising to different tracks on the weekends.
But this is seriously racing, not some bullshit track day in moms old civic.
You can get a complete setup (car, trailer, tires, some spare wings and such) from someone who is getting out of the hobby for $60,000-$80,000.
>>
>>16097572
That sounds perfect, I haven't heard of Formula Ford/Mazda, but an open-wheel series that's a step up from karts could be good. I already have access to a tow setup, I would just need the car and supplies in that case.
>>
>>16097540
4.0 engineering student yet you cant figure out on your own how to get into racing LMAO.

fucking idiot as if grades actually matter. you're never going to make it.

seriously you wont. Just work and whenever you have free time go to the track.
>>
>>16097625
Alright man, you've proved your reading comprehension is garbage and you're probably underage, since I stated in the OP I've looked into it and have started taking steps, but wanted to get a second opinion to some stuff I've already heard.

I understand your life is hard, so you feel the need to get on this underwater basket weaving imageboard and shitpost to make yourself feel better, it's alright, but you shouldn't project, it's unhealthy.

At least it's entertaining.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.