[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mom's jeep has a big old coolant puddle underneath it Overflow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: KIMG0056[1].jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0056[1].jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
Mom's jeep has a big old coolant puddle underneath it
Overflow was dry, the dipstick was nothing but oil, but when I opened the rad it was full of chocolate mousse.

I can't tell where all this fucking oil is coming from.
I can't see where clean coolant is leaking from the rad either.
>>
Head gasket pumped oil into the coolant so bad it displaced enough coolant to boil out of the overflow then when it cooled down it sucked all that was in the coolant back in.
>>
>>16096804
Mom's Jeep is kill, RIP
>>
>>16096807
but i checked both under the oil cap and on the dipstick, it looks clean as shit in the actual motor

>>16096815
It never overheaded so at worse it just needs a new headgasket

kinda aggravating but i suppose its not the worst
>>
I had this when I got my truck....had a cracked radiator, changed it and it went away, could be a leaking transmission oil cooler in the rad
>>
>>16096804
Dexcruel?
>>
>>16096820
I'm sort of hoping its this

I can do a rad in my driveway in november, not so sure i want to do a head gasket
>>
>>16096820
It could be this, I suppose. Just changed the radiator in my ZJ yesterday and it did have some tan fibrous shit like this I attributed to the PO putting some kind of stop leak in it but I'd think OP would know if his mom had done that.
>>
>>16096847
I took mine to a shop. The stupid tool to hold the fan while you break loose the clutch costs $40 by itself. I did order my own $68 radiator versus the $200+ the guy quoted me.
>>
>>16096855
I think this is probably what I'm going to do

the fan tools is less of an issue than the part where I don't have any of the fun tools for pressure testing the rad and shit like that
>>
>>16097009
How's the trans fluid level?
>>
>>16096804
Based crescent brand ratcheting box wrench

I bought some at Costco years ago and have never seen the like, I live in fear one will break and I'll never find a replacement.
>>
>>16097094
nigga thats a snap on
>>
File: IMG_20160703_183653802.jpg (4MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160703_183653802.jpg
4MB, 5344x3006px
>>16096847
This was the radiator in my truck before replacement put 3 k miles on it since and haven't seen anything yet... thinking about it you might be something else forgot you said jeep
>>
I had a similar thing on my Mercedes.
A seal on the oil cooler failed, and oil was leaking into the coolant.

If you have an oil cooler, it's worth checking out.
>>
>>16097194
>>16097254
I gave the rad another looking at, and it seems to be leaking around the side that the oil cooler bolts up to is where its leaking from and the oil cooler itself was pretty drippy so that bodes well for it not being a head gasket
>>
>>16096847
You seriously don't want this.
Water dissolves 70% of known compounds.
The glue they use to hold the friction material on the friction plates in automatic transmissions is one of those compounds.
But that's probably what it is....
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.