[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Buy a car >It stops giving a minutes into the highway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: chidorifan.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
chidorifan.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>Buy a car
>It stops giving a minutes into the highway
>Start panicking, did this guy pull a big one on me?
>On the side, car won't start anymore
>Check fluids, all look fine
>Went to a gas station to buy 90$ jumper cables, tried jumpstarting the car, it'd rumble but just couldn't start, can't rev the engine at all
>Me and my buddy's phones are dead so can't do shit
>Its been 2 hours at this point of us trying to figure this shit out, no one stops to help
>Go to gas station call CAA, they say alternator might've shitted, said it'd be an hour before someone came
>Waited half an hour
>Went back to the gas station a third time, this time to buy a 5L jerry can and fill it up.
>Poured in half, nozzle couldn't open the valve right or something so a shit ton poured out
>Tried again, wouldn't start
>Waited another 15 minutes, decide to fill in the other half of the jerry can
>It now runs
>Remembered that the fuel gauge was broken, but guy said he filled enoughfor the ride back so didn't bother checking that.
>Now noticed that car was shaking before lost rpms
>Should've realised was out of gas from the beginning and not no electrical power.
>Go back to gas station for 4th time to top off
Besides the hours wasted, it wasn't as bad as I was fearing, but
JUST...
>>
>>16094625
>90$ jumper cables,
jesus christ dude
>>
>be me
>with room mate that works from home
>he hasn't moved his shitty old 1996 nissan sentra in like 2 months
>middle of january, theres a foot of snow on the ground and its -5F
>he wants to go get chinese food
>tries to start his car
>won't start obviously, starter doesn't even try to move.
>he calls his dad
>dad tells him his battery is dead because he didn't fucking run the car for 2 months straight
>comes in complaing to me, demands I jump start him
>fine...
>pull out jumper cables to try and jump him
>we wait like half an hour to see if thats enough to just get it started
>car still won't start
>he calls his dad and his dad brings out his big ass truck
>he tries to jump it with his truck
>the starter whines
>it starts
>his gigantic fucking subwoofer powers up and starts blarring music with the base all the way up
>the volume was up so far it drained his battery again and the car died
>unplugged the sub
>restarted the car
>it runs normally
>>
>>16094625
You're a moron, but hopefully you learned from your fiasco.
>>
>>16094625
Bahahahaha

Dude. There is a gauge for voltage.
Sokay. Learn from this.
>>
File: 1353038113408.png (20KB, 518x531px) Image search: [Google]
1353038113408.png
20KB, 518x531px
>>16094625
>$90 for some cables
>>
>>16094625
>buying a broken car
Shiggy diggy
>>
>>16094625
>he doesn't take tools when buying an unknown car
>he doesn't check fluids before even considering handing over money
>he doesn't notice the car bucking as it sucks up air from the tank
>>
>cool thread
>I have a lot of these type of stories...

>Driving to work around 9pm, used to work graveyard
>Stang is loosing power at a red light, car stalls all lights shut off car wont start
>No signs of any issue throughout the whole night of driving
>Start pushing this the car into the gas station, and a couple of rednecks get out their truck and help me even though i didn't ask etc..
>Call friend who lives a few miles away
>Turns out alternator is fucking dead and battery is fried
>Redneck has a 80 ford bb truck and lets me charge up so i can at least get to work
>Car starts when my shift is over, i drive a few miles to my friends place and sleep in my car for an hour or so before letting him know i am here..
>Begin working on the car, take out the alternator, battery and we go to autozone, get new battery/alternator and install it
>Paid roughly 200 for the new alternator, decide to go to another place instead and they have it for a better price
>Return the old one, get my refund at the other spot
>Drive the car and we pull back into his place and the serpentine belt shreds.
>We installed it wrong or something, i've never done one of those
>buy a new belt, look up the proper pattern online, install it and she runs fine
>>
>>16094625
No, Kaname, you can't just go around hitting people with fans

That said NEW FMP ANIME HOLY SHIT WO BASED XEBEC
>>
File: photos-13.jpg (108KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
photos-13.jpg
108KB, 900x600px
>one of my best mates races in norcal
>ends up saying we want to hit up buttonwillow in southern california
>pretty much a 5-6 hour drive there
>load up two cars full of people, he wants to trailer his race car but doesn't
>he doesn't have a license, but drives and builds cars
>honda civic ex 2 door/ B20 nonvtec swap, small turbo, not running forged internals so we'll see what happens
>two cars full of people heading out at 2am, we planned to get there around 6-8am or something like that
>we are reaching bakersfield, ca and have another hour or so to go. friend who isn't the owner of that car decides to do some late night racing, just ends up driving real fast up to 150mph...
>we end up catching up and he immediately pulls over, we are also going fast as fuck
>and pull over half a mile away or so..
>my buddy starts running over to his car to see what is wrong, why the pulled over etc..
>car runs, starts but the pistons are fried. one or two cylinders don't work very well, but the car runs and it runs very rough
>decide, fuck it we should have trailer-ed the car to the track and we fucked up
>they dont have drivers license/suspended license and being the good boy i am i end up driving the civic back about 4 hours
>we pull over every 30-40minutes to check on the car, black smoke is pulling like a motherfucker out the tail pipe, car is literally fucked and we are hours away from home.
>pit spot every oncei n a while, oil is burning like crazy
>we stop in stockton and have another hour or so to go.
>car starts overheating, pete/serg go nuts start screaming at me about not paying attention to the fucking temp gauge, the car is literally over heating, get more fluids, take it slow and drive it al the way back pretty much limping, friend is close behind us so if we see cops, etc.. they'll leave us the fuck alone
>>
>>16095291
>car is eating oil like a mother fucker again...
>end up in sacramento, park the car at a buddies house, chill for a few hours, bitch, complain the guy who fucked up the civic says he will help fix it, he will pay for new parts etc..
>end up getting the truck, trailer and getting the car towed to his house
>he just leaves the car there for like a day, and begins work on it
>pistons where fried/melted, most likely from that guy redlining it like a dumbass and hitting speeds 150+ for a long period of time
>car still ran, and barely made any power but damn that 4cl civic is no joke, still made it a couple hours on one or two fried pistons
>>
File: 1477696468284.jpg (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477696468284.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
>Buy shitbox Lumina
>Break door key first day I own it
>Fuck it, nothing worth stealing anyway
>Never lock doors again
>About a year of owning it later, go to get in one day
>Car is locked
>thefuck.jpeg
>Use a gun cleaning rod from my house to pop the lock
>Must have locked it by accident
>Happens again next day
>Then again when I go to leave work
>Start shopping for a new car, drive it a few more times, including going to a friend's place in the college part of town
>Get pissed, it's ~1am and I just wanna go drinking
>Rip radio antenna off back and start trying to pop the lock

And that's how I learned if you're a white guy and you don't act like you're doing anything wrong, no one will call the cops on you if you're breaking into a car. Had like 35 people walk past me while I was working on it and they didn't do anything more than ask "hurr durr you stealing that?"
>>
>>16094775
He didn't charge his phone
He doesn't know you can see a dead battery in the lights
He didn't immediately top off the gas
>>
>>16095304
>>16095291
>he didnt upgrade the cooling on a Civic before running a turbo
>he didn't trailer his race car
>he let a retard drive
He deserved everything he got.
>>
>>16095754
I did the same when I closed in my key.
I fiddeled with welding rod and a flashlight half an hour during the night and noone said anything.
>>
>>16094625
>that pic
lol I just finished re-watching FMP
Chidori a best
>>
>>16095866
>pretty sure he had an intercooler on it, most of the stuff he built back than was home made turbo stuff. we used to hang on hmt forums back in 2008-2013

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/
>>
>>16097761
>intercooler
>for cooling the block
Jesus christ get our right now and stay on reddit where you belong
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.