[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o. Thinking of buying this $40k vehicle. Should I or not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: e665reucht0v.jpg (191KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
e665reucht0v.jpg
191KB, 1280x960px
Hey /o. Thinking of buying this $40k vehicle. Should I or not? Had lexus ES before, actually still thinking maybe I'll go for ES version instead of IS or maybe IS 2.0 Turbo which I think is not enough for that heavy car.
Please tell me if it's ok to spend $40k on lexus.
>>
>>16091628
Buy a used one.

It's ok with reliable brands like Lexus.
>>
>I'm going to waste money on a camry with leather
Buy the IS you fucking nigger
>>
>>16091656
It's an Avalon with leather now you fucking moron.
>>
>>16091660
In fact that ES\Avalon is top tier reliable car in the world. But I'm young and have no family. Other thing ES is easier(FWD) and cheaper(you can use 87 gas and millage is better) and so on, parts etc.
IS is more complicated but I like the design although not the best interior materials.
>>
>>16091628
IS2.0t no
IS300 no
IS350 yes

ES350 yes
ES300h yes

Definitely go used OP - you will not regret it. IDK why people buy new it's so trivial.

The 300 engine in the IS is the same 2.5 from prior generations. It's a bad engine reliability wise.
The 2.0T engine is new but I haven't experienced any issues - it is a new engine though. It is slow.
The 3.5 in the IS350 is bullet proof - basically a continuation of prior generations. Don't get an IS unless you get the 350.

The 3.5 in the ES350 is different than the 3.5 in the IS. But it is the single best engine out there today in terms of reliability and quality. It is the same engine used in the Avalon, RX, Venza, Camry, Highlander, Sienna, Rav4, Mark X, and the Lotus Exige, plus many others, so you know it's reliable

Lexus and Toyota hybrid models are more reliable than their gasoline only counterparts because the hybrids actually have less moving parts. HOWEVER - the battery is expensive to replace. Which needs to be kept in mind - but the batteries last well over 150,000 miles 99% of time. If you're worried about it then don't get a hybrid but the ES300h does get amazing gas mileage.

The ES has an appearance package called the Crafted Line. I've only seen it a couple of times and it's hard to find info on it. But it looks damn good for a FWD grandma car. It is the best car if you want a serene driving experience.
>>
>>16091628
Why? who are you trying to impress? why are you wasting so much money on an appliance? just get the nicest lexus or avalon you can find for <10k. Then take a dope vacation or just save the money.
>>
>>16092632
>IS300 no
Kill yourself
>>
>>16092679
That said fuck every application of the 200t engine, it's slow in the IS, but it'll get you fucking t-boned in anything heavier (every single model offering it)
>>
I actually worked on one of these a few weeks ago
Brake job every 10k~ or so miles
F sport has Brembo brakes so pads are 300~500 for front
Car is owned by a tax lady, so it isn't raced or anything.

Very fuckin expensive car to maintain.
Other than that, it's an amazingly comfortable and great car.
>>
>>16092700
ops
disregard that i suck cocks
it was an ls460 F sport
>>
>>16092679
the new is300.

not the old one. Jesus pleb.
>>
>>16091628
They're very nice GT cars, but they are not sports cars.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.