[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone on /o/ run a top mount turbo on their N54? If so,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: ventura3.jpg (256KB, 922x692px) Image search: [Google]
ventura3.jpg
256KB, 922x692px
Does anyone on /o/ run a top mount turbo on their N54?

If so, what else do I need other than the kit?
>clutch
>flywheel
>diff
>injectors
>Intercooler
Kit is telling me 900 at the crank if that helps.
>>
Massive intercooler so shit doesn't explode
>>
>>16085952
What a fucking messy engine bay.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 179x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 179x320px
Brakes and suspension so you don't fly into a wall at Mach 2
>>
ITT: bench racers bench racing

>Kit says 900hp
>Old people mover bimmer with weak allow block

Kit can say whatever the fuck it wants. And as it turns out they usually say whatever it takes for stupid people to hand over their hard earned cash in exchange for cheap Chinese parts manufacturers

Actual advice time: buy the 335i, you're not smarter than German engineers but if you must, do your own research and piece together your own damn kit from us made parts or equivalent
>>
>>16086411
Isn't the 335 a n54 engine as well?
>>
>>16085952
Clutch, injectors, fuel pump and ecu tune.
>>
>>16086411
>people mover bimmer with weak alloy block
>this nigger thinks the N54 isn't this generation's 2JZ
Bitch that engine is strong as fuck.
>>
File: smile-car-funny-600x330.jpg (53KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
smile-car-funny-600x330.jpg
53KB, 600x330px
>>16085952
>900hp
>>
>>16086522
Previous gen was the m52 which has an cast block, none of this magnesium alloy bullshit
>>
>>16086411
You must be fucking retarded. People push 1000hp on a stock block. This is the next 2JZ. Pick up a book or something retard
>>
>>16088574
>This is the next 2JZ.
It's better than the 2JZ because it doesn't weight ten million pounds and has better port and combustion chamber design.
>>
>>16086528
Do you have any recommendations for the intercooler and injectors?

Here's the kit btw
>http://www.boostaddictions.com/collections/bmw-n54-single-turbo-kits/products/doc-race-bmw-335i-135i-n54-top-mount-single-turbo-kit?variant=24879282889
>>
>>16085952
Bitch go on n54tech.com and stay away from the retards here.

I'm going to stick with the stock duals because 400whp with FBO and tune is enough for me.
>>
>>16090036
>400whp
>stock duals
enjoy them not lasting at all because you're overspeeding the turbos when you turn boost up that high
>>
>>16090039
Obviously they won't last as long as with a stock tune but the issue is no where near as bad as you're assuming it is. And yes you are assuming.
>>
>>16090063
No, I assure you I am correct, because I rebuild turbos from guys like you all of the time. You'll be lucky to have the turbos last 10,000mi at that boost level. The shaft speeds are too high for the stock balancing, and this introduces harmonic vibration, accelerating wear of the bearings and seals. If you push too hard, you can overspeed the wheel badly enough to weaken it and cause a catastrophic failure, not going to happen at 400whp, but just an example of what overspeed is.
>>
>>16090117
Tell that to all the people on the forums and those that I know personally who have been running up to 21 psi (stock is 8.8) of boost for tens of thousands of miles.

I mean what angle are you arguing here? Don't mod your car? Upgrade your turbos instead of running the stockies? Money isn't an issue, I'm going to enjoy my car and upgrade/replace the turbos as needed, when needed.
>>
>>16090191
>I mean what angle are you arguing here?
The angle of a guy who works at a large turbo and engine shop, who deals with N54 turbos on almost a daily basis.

Do yourself a favor and upgrade the turbos.
>>
>>16090209
whats the branding and model of the stock turbos? Are they journal or ball bearing? Billet or cast compressor?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.