[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't we use the downward motion of piston to compress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: deep.jpg (65KB, 1209x706px) Image search: [Google]
deep.jpg
65KB, 1209x706px
Why don't we use the downward motion of piston to compress the incoming air for next cylinder to fire?
>>
>>16081058
>what are shared crankpins
>>
3/10
People are dumb but not that dumb
>>
Sure, why not. I mean, it's not like that downward poison motion is being used to move anything important.
>>
>what is a supercharger
>>
File: ys175.jpg (63KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
ys175.jpg
63KB, 600x450px
With single cylinder engines this is possible. A brand of radio control airplane engines (YS) does this. The 2 down strokes of each cycle are used to compress air in the crankcase. Because of additional crankcase volume and other losses, they only achieve somewhere between 5 and 8 psi (or so I've heard). Pic related. They are awesome little engines.
>>
>>16081058
it's called a supercharger op
>>
>>16081058
What if it was a Dorito?
>>
They do that. It's called a 2 stroke engine.
>>
File: 2-Stroke_Engine_ani.gif (284KB, 200x202px) Image search: [Google]
2-Stroke_Engine_ani.gif
284KB, 200x202px
Here's a gif
>>
File: c43.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
c43.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>16081058
>he use cylinders
>>
>>16083523
>>16083529

2 strokes only "supercharge" with a tuned pipe. The volume they compress in the crankcase is equal to the volume of the stroke, so it's not like it can force more air in the cylinder than the amount of air in 1 full stroke of air at atmospheric pressure. Nawmean dawg?
>>
>>16083556

A tuned pipe can allow extra air/fuel to fill the exhaust then get crammed back into the cylinder by the pressure wave.
>>
Yes, and the pipe, called an expansion chamber, is as integral to a 2 stroke as a camshaft is to a 4 stroke.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.