[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ywn see cars like the CLK GTR or pic related racing in their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: toyota-gt-one-at-le-mans.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
toyota-gt-one-at-le-mans.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>ywn see cars like the CLK GTR or pic related racing in their prime
The 00's were a mistake
>>
>buy one of 27 CLK GTRs

>have to replace transmission every 600 miles

benz a shit
>>
File: CLRflip2.jpg (45KB, 432x420px) Image search: [Google]
CLRflip2.jpg
45KB, 432x420px
Buy a clk gtr
>flip
>>
>>16074621
>>16074630
samefag?
>>
>>16074621

Memes aside with benz, wasn't the CLK GTR so fucking unreliable that costumers who bought it had to go through lemon laws or something? honestly didn't think it was possible for a modern car of any caliber less known million dollar one to be that unreliable.

>>16074630
>dat snek unaware of the impending doom behind him
>>
>>16074067
LMP1 is a fuckload cooler than GT1 ever was..
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (48KB, 564x376px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
48KB, 564x376px
>>16074067
>The 00's were a mistake
You're an idiot. GT1 was effectively another prototype spec.

Also, if you want to see the old cars race, either watch old videos or attend a vintage racing series in person.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (78KB, 721x399px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
78KB, 721x399px
>>16074630
>clk gtr

The CLK GTR never had a blowover, dummy. It was a CLR.
>>
>>16074654
The CLK GTR was effectively a racecar and its sole purpose was to homologate the racecar. The comforts and practicalities or a traditional roadcar don't matter. Its engine and the drivetrain are practically the same as the racecar and therefore the life can be measured in hours.

Simply put there's a huge disparity in engineering for racecars and roadcars and as a homologation special, the CLK GTR was designed as the former.
>>
>>16074731
This. LMP will die when audi leaves and you dummies will start creaming your pants over its corpse.
>>
File: 1476315815217.gif (194KB, 406x232px) Image search: [Google]
1476315815217.gif
194KB, 406x232px
>>16074731
DELET THIS FAGGOT
>>
>>16074731
While I don't disagree that current lmp1 racing was amazing, I love the homologation specials that came from gt1, and you just don't get that now
>>
>>16074731
I can't think of a reason we can't have lmp1 and gt1 and gtlm/gt2.
Lmp2 is pointless.
>>
>>16074630
>not wanting to do radical flips in a racecar
>>
>>16076251
Because the GT1 class of the '90s evolved into a pseudo-prototype class. They were GT cars in name only so what's the point of continuing to call the GT cars when they where anything but? Besides, LMP2 cars are on the same level of performance as the old GT1 class. So at the end of the day you've got a spec that's as fast as GT1 was and GT1 itself was basically a prototype class anyway, how exactly does that make the LMP2 class the one that's pointless?
>>
>>16076251
it's spec cars so it's cheaper for privateer teams
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.