[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i know if i have xenon headlight /o/? my car has whiteish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 7.png (752KB, 500x626px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
752KB, 500x626px
how do i know if i have xenon headlight /o/?

my car has whiteish lights but i know nowadays you can just put led into halogen sockets and they will look white

I want to know because i want to buy some costum headlights but they say they are only compatible with the trim of my car that came with halogen only and not xenon
>>
>>16071946
You can check by running your VIN through a decoder; http://www.bmwarchiv.de/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html

I also believe it says "Xenon" on the headlight if you have them - but I may be mistaken as it might just only be for the adaptive headlights.
>>
>>16071946
Can you get a picture of a close up of your head lights turned off?
From the look of your profile photo, Im guessing you have halogen.

Xenon will have a lens that you can see from the out side that directs the light pattern.
Halogen just has the light reflect off a large multi-angled mirrored surface. The light is much more diffuse.
>>
>>16072016
>profile photo
wat?
I took a picture but u cant see shit because the plastic is darkened and very foggy, but it doesnt have a mirrored surface like the high beams do which are yellow light

>>16072011
its an audi though
>>
If you can see the lamp, it's not xenon.
>>
File: Halogen-headlights.jpg (32KB, 450x353px) Image search: [Google]
Halogen-headlights.jpg
32KB, 450x353px
>>16072099
Here you can see the lamp.
>>
>>16072099
>>16072106
it looks like the first one so i guess it is xenon

fuck this gay earth
>>
File: a.jpg (139KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
139KB, 1600x1066px
>>16071946
Look for a ballast which looks like this. There should be high voltage warning labels near the headlights. Also,do you get a sudden 'flash' when you turn the headlight on, a bit like a lightning flash?
>>
>>16072166
yep, has one of those...and does that...definetely xenon

How hard would it be to convert it to halogen so i can install some costume led headlights?
>>
>>16072178
bamp
>>
>>16071946
Do they slowly fade from blue to white when you first turn them on? Yes, xenon
>>
>>16072178
Why would you want to have something inferior when you can have good xenon headlights?
>>
File: xenon-su-blokeliu-kaire.jpg (848KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
xenon-su-blokeliu-kaire.jpg
848KB, 1920x1440px
>>16072106
There has also been reflector xenon headlights like this first generation Citroen C5. You can see the D2R bulb in the right side. I had one of those Citroens model year 2001 with original xenon headlights.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.