[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /o/, I'm having a little car trouble and I was hoping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: IMAG0015.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0015.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Hi /o/, I'm having a little car trouble and I was hoping someone could help. I have an 06 impala and on the dash it says "engine hot AC off" but the temp gauge has the needle pointing at C. The car seems to be running fine however with the exception of some really subtle pulsing in the pedals/steering wheel. Anyone know what the problem is? Pick related it's my dashboard.
>>
>>16065984
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
>>
>>16065984
>he doesn't monitor his car's temp with torque pro and a bluetooth obdii adapter
>>
My guess is a broken temp sensor. Sounds like because one sensor is broken the thermostat is staying fully closed to try to get heat in the engine. This is causing a redundant sonsor somewhere else to pick up the overheating and shut down the AC.
>>
>>16065987
I have it didn't help. I should also point out the AC is not on the heat is
>>
>>16065984
Tell us what make/model it is. Im guessing an 2006ish Impala. Bad thermostat /thread
>>
>>16066015
Do you think there is actual over heating or is it just a broken sensor?
>>
>>16066025
Exactly. 06 impala. Just got it a couple months ago from a pretty reputable dealer it only had 33K miles so I'm not sure if it should have serious issues yet
>>
>>16066027
I wouldn't risk it in either case, but if I'm right it's actually overheating because the thermostat is acting like the engine is cold and closing off the radiator.
>>
>>1606603
OK thank you. I'm going to get it looked at then. I have 13 mile ride home I'm hoping it makes it that far without too much damage
>>
>>16066044
If you absolutely must drive it keep the heat cranked to the max, even if it means opening the windows.
>>
File: CsugYqJWIAAq9g0.jpg (41KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
CsugYqJWIAAq9g0.jpg
41KB, 600x400px
>>16066033
>he actually bought an 06 impala
>>
>>16066034
But that's not how thermostats work, if they are staying closed it is because the coolant is cold or the thermostat is bad, they are not electronically controlled. If the engine is dead panned at c it is the temp sensor my first advice would be to find it and check the wires before anything else.If the wires are good and it is plugged in replace the sensor, the first step in this repair would be sensor related because the gauge is stuck on c
>>
>>16066104
Thank you for your help I appreciate it. I was able to get it home but the check engine light came on as well. I'm going to have a mechanic look at it tonight
>>
>>16066405
Why have a mechanic look at it? Everyone here told you what to do. Get your sensor and thermostat and replace them. Then get your engine light scanned. Don't have someone look at it and have him tell you what we told you. Don't waste your money and don't be stupid.
>>
>>160665I have no idea where the sensor is. I tried looking for that and the thermostat but I couldn't find either. It doesn't help that I don't know what they look like. I know next to nothing about cars so I don't want to risk pulling out the sensor the wrong way or pulling out the wrong sensor and just making it worse
>>
>>16066683
Just fucking Google it. The right video comes up first. "2006 impala coolant temp sensor replacement" it should be 6:37 long. To find the thermostat just follow the upper rad hose.
>>
>>16066683
You can drive it safely I would assume your thermostat is working if not all modern thermostats fail in the open position, as far as you admitting you have no idea seeing as it is a newly bought car take it to where you bought it and have them look it over. If they don't fuck them and find a nice family shop to look at it and go in with in with a estimate of cost. So Google the cost of a sensor replacement and use that as a base for work done price wise.
>>
>>16066073

yep he did, so why not help him instead of shitposting

OP check the wiring to your coolant temperature sensor and possibly try replacing it, something electronically is telling it youre overheating but it doesnt sound like you are. otherwise it might be an ECU issue, GM has been known for some like that. scan your check engine light and you might get a coolant temperature sensor code out of it
>>
File: IMAG0016.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0016.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>16066728
The wiring is where I'm having some trouble. There are two sets of wires and they both lead into tubes. One of them goes under the car and the other I'm pretty sure is for something different altogether
>>
File: IMAG0017.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0017.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>16066728
Here's the other one
>>
>>16066786
>>16066796
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o84s5TdvypY this is the best you will get for this if you cannot do this stop any home fix and find a mechanic
>>
>>16066796

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ri4MlDP4UA0 just in case the other video doesn't work since that motor is a 3.9 and apparently Chevy couldn't make up it's fucking mind for a motor on this year model this video is for your series of motor which I don't think is Different layout wise
>>
>>16065984
That's why you don't buy a car glued together by a Mexican
>>
>>16066015

thermostats dont work like that, boy

they are controlled by the physical temperature of the actual water touching it.
they are filled with wax which causes the valve to open against the spring when hot, and close as it cools

at least this is how its been done forever.
there may be some hot german chinese shit where they just use a regulated valve controlled by a computer.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.