[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who thought this was a good idea? https://www.motormag.com.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: 2018-Holden-NG-Commodore-main.jpg (79KB, 658x439px) Image search: [Google]
2018-Holden-NG-Commodore-main.jpg
79KB, 658x439px
Who thought this was a good idea?

https://www.motormag.com.au/news/1610/2018-holden-ng-commodore-details-revealed

>2L
>FWD

Also why have you not bought a V8 Commodore yet, surely they will now appreciate?
>>
>>16064719
I hope every bogandore driver on the road will just stop existing.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (30KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
30KB, 456x320px
>FWD
>>
>>16064719
Does this mean HSV is done as well?
>>
>>16064906
This. I fail to see the problem.
>>
>>16064719
>Of much more interest to the MOTOR crowd will be the current range-topper, a 3.6-litre V6 producing 230kW/370Nm, fed to all four wheels via a nine-speed automatic gearbox.
Good job leaving out the bit that matters OP.
I'll bank on a force fed HSV variant in the future.
>>
What's hilarious is how the police are planning on using them
>>
>>16064944
>the current range-topper, a 3.6-litre V6 producing 230kW/370Nm, fed to all four wheels
I fail to see the problem.
>>
>>16064906
They won't. They'll just switch to driving other cars.
Then all the old I6 Falcons and V8 Commodores will be driven by enthusiasts at which point you might want one, but fuck you
>>
>>16064953
If it's the range topper, only highway patrol will be driving those.
Bit of a step down from 300 kw and 570 Nm. It's more like what general duties cop cars make right now

But you're right. I don't see the problem either...
kek
>>
>>16064941
>v6
>only automatic
>fwd or awd....no RWD option

Seriously they should bury the Commodore name plate with the VF2

how much did holden pay wheels to say this? Years ago they would have grilled holden for not even trying to make a real successor
>>
>>16064977
>If it's the range topper, only highway patrol will be driving those.
That logic is flawless.
>It's more like what general duties cop cars make right now
Which is why general duties cops will use the same thing. 300kW and 570Nm is redundant in a police car, highway patrol or not. Assailants are caught with communications, not horsepower.
>>
>>16064941
>no rear diff
>no option to turn on rear wheel bias

How will we do sick skids now?
>>
>>16065007
>no rear diff
It does away with the need for a rear differential by using a pair of clutches to apportion drive left and right.
>How will we do sick skids now?
Like a rally driver in a Focus RS as opposed to brake standing like a retarded American.
>>
>>16064719
>Who thought this was a good idea?
The cucks in charge of GM.

Say what you will about Ford vs. Holden, at least Ford sent over the Mustang to fill the gap left by the Falcon. GM has been fucking Holden for the longest time now; we could've had a 3.6l V6 twin turbo Torana if the cunts didn't kill the concept dead and force the Cruze on us.
>>
>>16064999
>Assailants are caught with communications, not horsepower.
Flawless logic. If they can't get close enough to read your plate before you get away chances are they won't catch you unless you're continuing to commit other crimes as you go.

Look at this clip for example, which I just saw today.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-25/dashcam-of-fatal-crash-during-police-pursuit-in-canberra/7963550
The cop wanted to keep chasing because he didn't have the guy's plates and didn't want him to get away.

I also just read today Queensland police will be using 4 cylinder Hyundai fucking Sonatas for general duty vehicles. The bottom line is important. There is no fucking way regular police cars are going to use that AWD range topper. It would simply cost too much.
>>
>>16065015
No one wants clutch packs to take over from a proper rear diff and hardly anyone drives dirt roads everyday.
Most of us live in cities, fuckhead
>>
>>16065027
>pursuing a stolen car
>licence plate being relevant
The real issue in that video is the officer operating the pursuit continued when it was clear the risk far outweighed the benefit. I'll bet prior to the releasing of this footage it would've been reported "police aborted pursuit minutes before the fatal accident occurred".
And these drongos are not only allowed lose to live their John Wayne fantasy, but uphold our law? Fucking cowboys need not to be in control of 300kW vehicles.
>>
Bahaha rwdfags tears are delicious. Feels the yuropoopboxes pain
>>
>>16065027
They've been testing some Mercs and the WRX too.

Range topper will most likely be $65k+ seeing as its imported.
>>
>>16065039
>i just want to brake stand like a retarded American
Well, stick to your shitheap VR then.
>>
>>16065048
>Fucking cowboys need not to be in control of 300kW vehicles
The same could be said about us. I suppose the only difference is that we're not paid to hoon about and shake P-platers by the ankles till the coins fall from their pockets.

>>16065052
They couldn't do the WRX because manual and Mercs will rape them dead for maintenance costs. I hope HWP also end up in Hyundais.
>>
>>16065073
>The same could be said about us.
The difference is, one example of cowboy does it sporadically (well, when I was younger...) and illegally. The other cowboy is covered by a police union and are somehow justified in what they do.
>>
Oh Aussieland, you try so hard and fail so spectacularly.

Just come to Texas.
>>
>>16065093
It's a pretty appealing state of affairs. I reckon at this point everyone but retarded boomers are sick of HWP getting taxpayer-funded sports cars and Road Pricing Command setting speed traps on hills and right between 60 zones and 70 zones.
>>
>>16065107
>Just come to Texas
Will the State of Texas provide me with a mildly racist Texan gf with an accent, and can I bring a Holden ute and swap the plates with some nondescript Chevy shitbox?
>>
File: tumblr_mmeq6tuSCC1qzbdwvo1_1280.gif (563KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmeq6tuSCC1qzbdwvo1_1280.gif
563KB, 1280x800px
>>16065120
Yes to all of that, was just in dripping Springs a week ago getting absolutely shitfaced out in the middle of nowhere with said mildly racist accented fwb and her hunter-s-thompson-tier-crazy dad, a bottle of tequila and a 45 long colt

Seriously. Come to Texas.
>>
>>16065135
http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/speed-limits-can-affect-road-safety-study/news-story/bd04bfac6383c5b7b158faa48191554e

>Get told by scientists you are making the roads more dangerous with your nanny state bullshit
>Try and weasel your way out of it M...MUH REVENUE

>WA road safety commissioner Kim Papalia said enforcement was a critical part of the state strategy and he was confronted by the research.
>>
>>16065204
Good thing we're the only state with 80mph speed limits then
>>
don't worry goyim there's no need to doubt your masculinity ((optional)) AWD is just as good as RWD
>>
>>16064953
>370Nm from a 3.6L
That's pretty weak lol
>>
>>16064719
congratulation! It's an Opel Insignia!
>>
>>16065895
>FWD bias AWD is just as good as RWD :^)
>>
>>16066746
It's kinda funny, the pre-Zeta Commodores were built on Opel platforms as well.
>>
>>16065961
Ok shitlord, find some examples of non turbo sub 4.0 V6s that make significantly more torque.
>>
>>16065961
It's not a diesel, mjet. And it has like four times the power of your DIESEL FIAT anyway.
>>
Die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become another FWD commuter-box.
>>
>>16067003
LGX (same engine) makes 390NM
>>
>>16065961
That's not bad. My 300zx makes only 450 and it has two (two!) turbochargers
>>
>>16067011
F
>>
>>16067006
Even my petrol Fiat has more power than mjet's diesel. And it's probably slightly less disappointing too.
>>
>>16067011
F
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.