[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work at the biggest Volvo cuckshed factory in the world. Ask

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: volvo-trucks-optimized-series.jpg (212KB, 1000x571px) Image search: [Google]
volvo-trucks-optimized-series.jpg
212KB, 1000x571px
I work at the biggest Volvo cuckshed factory in the world. Ask me stuff.

Also, OEM factory workers thread.
>>
What's the best engine they put in the new ones? How do you feel about the cucked diesel emissions?
>>
>>16063763
Depends on what your needs are. We offer 11 liter, 13 liter, and 16 liter Volvo engines and a 15 liter Cummins engine; all of them are inline 6. The best Volvo engine is probably the 13L for the best mix of power and fuel efficiency. The Cummins is great option if you want an engine that is all around solid, reliable,and serviceable at pretty much any diesel repair shop.

I personally don't care for all the new restrictions and shit regarding diesel emissions; it makes the product more complicated which opens up more areas of maintenance and failures. But Volvo likes pushing the image of environmental friendliness so I'm sure they love it as a company. Hell, they tell us at the plant that the exhaust our trucks produce is cleaner than the air they're sucking in.
>>
What are Volvo's and semi truck manufacture opinion in general on self driving trucks? They are creating driver assisted technology but do they have a road map on when driverless trucks will be available? I want one.
>>
>>16063890
Freightliner actually unveiled an autonomous driving concept truck several months back, maybe you can look into some articles about that. I can't speak for Freightliner, but I don't see Volvo in the US producing a self driving truck for many, many years. I guess they think it would be too dangerous due to the size and greatly varying load weights and trailer types the trucks pull. But, you never know, they're good at keeping secrets.
>>
>>16063935
That's driver assisted and for highways only. Its not autonomous. It can't inspect secure and clean trailers, drive in the city, back into docks, etc.
>>
Its more of a fancy cruise control than autonomous. I'm talking completely autonomous trucking. Self tarping flatbed trailers. Can control everything from home.
>>
>>16063948
>>16063953
Oh okay, I didn't know. All I know is Volvo flipped shit when that unveiling made headlines.

But as I mentioned, as cool as that would be, I don't see it happening for a long time. The trucking industry as whole seems to lag behind the consumer car industry when it comes to stuff like that.
>>
>>16063634

Why don't they also put 4cylinders into their trucks?

Everything more than 4 cylinders is misogynistic, raycis and sexis.
>>
>>16063811
Maybe if the ran on water fuel
>>
>>16063969
Primarily because the factory I work in only produces heavy duty trucks. They make arguments that the 6 is more durable and powerful than any competitive 4 cylinder options right now.

>>16063981
I'm skeptical of that claim as well.
>>
Can you steal some parts for me and send them? I'll send you money for shipping and a pizza gift card.
>>
>>16063969
Volvo trucks haven't been taken over by the Chinese.
They are separate from Volvo the company that makes cars
>>
>>16064020
I could only steal small parts. They have security that checks the workers as we leave.
>>
Lots of people around me saying volvo cars are like tanks, and saying they are durable, safe, heavy cuz they use swedish steel and hard ass metal skeleton. Is this true?
>>
>>16064122
>steel
>safe

Top kek. There's a reason cars are made of aluminum and plastic these days and it's because of safety, not Jews. Well not mostly Jews.
>>
>>16064122
Volvo cars and Volvo trucks are not affiliated, however, from my experience, Volvo cars are a very safe and solid car. They are also allegedly a massive pain in the ass to repair.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.