[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>a simple turbo setup wouldn't add more than 125lbs and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: ACR.jpg (153KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ACR.jpg
153KB, 1600x800px
>a simple turbo setup wouldn't add more than 125lbs and would easily increase power by 200bhp, if not more

Considering the fact that the Viper ACR lap times are competitive with the current 'Hypercar Trio' despite the Viper having a huge power deficit, it would shit all over everything if it had turbocharging.

Why doesn't Snek have forced induction?
>>
File: 13.jpg (176KB, 1080x1122px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
176KB, 1080x1122px
>>16056741
>>
Because it doesn't exist anymore
>>
ACR is competitive because it can effectively use the power it has.
>>
noob
>>
>When people who don't know about cars try to talk about cars
>>
File: R1Vulr4m.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
R1Vulr4m.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>>16056748
>>16056757
>>16056767
>>16056775

Not an argument.
>>
Why does /o/ keep comparing cars made specifically for track with cars made for normal roads?

I am sorry for being off topic but this really bugs me lately. The ACR with anything, the Corvette with the Radical and so on, and so forth.

Is this some kind of fetish? Or do you think that track cars can be driven on normal roads just like a hatchback? If this is the case let me break it to you: track cars are awful on normal roads. Ride is back braking, you are scared of speedbumps, and most of them have very little isolation and rattle.
>>
>>16056741
>more power =/= faster
>power band
>reliability
>cost
>fuel needs
>cooling needs
>>
It doesn't need it
>>
>>16056801
Are you new here?
>>
Ferrari cried that the Viper was too fast.
>>
>>16056741
Because the sound of an n/a V10 would be ruined by cancerous forced induction
>>
>>16056810
>more power =/= faster
You're saying it would be slower with more power?
>power band
Proper turbocharging will increase torque down low and improve power at the top end, not every turbo setup is a fucking single 88mm turbo that makes 5 million bhp for 300rpm right at the top of the rev range
>reliability
fair argument
>cost
fair argument
>fuel needs
yeah I'm sure fuel efficiency was a real concern when they decided to continue using the 8.4L V10 engine
>cooling needs
literally not a problem
>>
>>16056855
>Putting more power to the ground comes with all kinds of handling issues that would need to be resolved.
>LOL no, this is incorrect.
>efficiency=/= needs stupid. They would need larger injectors, larger fuel pumps possibly, bigger gas tank etc. They sell production cars not shit box hack jobs
>cooling a turbo car takes no extra testing or changes to the cooling system
How bad at cars are you?
>>
>>16056855
Holy fuck you MUST be a bus rider. And I don't mean it in a meme way. You MUST be that guy that claims to know his shit but never owned/drove a car and talks shit out his ass because he played NFS growing up.
>>
File: explain this.jpg (128KB, 898x410px) Image search: [Google]
explain this.jpg
128KB, 898x410px
>>16056741
No point.
it already slaughters everything under a million and turbos suck ass.
>>
>>16056887
Literally nothing you just said is factually accurate.

>>16056912
Nice personal attacks, are you going to provide an argument any time soon?
>>
>>16056920
lol okay Jr.
>>
File: race_car_vs_race_car.png (362KB, 780x403px) Image search: [Google]
race_car_vs_race_car.png
362KB, 780x403px
>>16056915
>>
>>16056920
I could try to explain to you why turbocharging the car would require a lot of work for the engineers but you wouldn't understand.

To put it simply if they add turbos most of the engine and drivetrain will need to be reworked, the aero and cooling will need to be reworked, the suspension geometry will most likely need to be reworked.

So a lot of time and money spent for the car to be a second or soo faster around laguna. Sometimes it's just not worth it.

Now you answer >>16056801
>>
>>16056801
its just some busrider ford fanboy shitposting and spamming anime faces, ignore him
>>
>>16056951
Im glad you took the time to answer I was just going to ignore this moron. He thinks turbos don't make a car hotter and that power = faster around a track.
>>
File: 1469412285452.png (243KB, 628x671px) Image search: [Google]
1469412285452.png
243KB, 628x671px
>>16056971
>ignore him
or trigger his ocd :^)
>>
>>16056855

Look at this video you filthy nigger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faK1RCiTM6g

Less power would have been beneficial in this lap, since the thing is fucking struggling to get the power to the road helplessly.

I know you can't really compare a Turbo I4 850HP car to a Turbo V10, but it's just an example of how sometimes less power is faster.
>>
>>16056741
>Why doesn't Snek have forced induction?
because it can only have so much aero and sticky rubber before its no longer street legal :^)

>>16056915
>one is street legal the other is a purpose built non street legal race car
lol
>>
>>16058098
It'd probably get a better lap time if it didnt stall
>>
>>16056741
Apparently it just wouldn't fit. Also Ferrari might get mad, because, you know, >FCA
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.