[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ I want to learn how to ride stick, what's the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: stick.jpg (48KB, 454x365px) Image search: [Google]
stick.jpg
48KB, 454x365px
Hey /o/
I want to learn how to ride stick, what's the best way to get started?
>>
>>16056075
Married guys on CL lookin to experiment
>>
"Ride stick"

Find a Buick Regal with a bench seat and some poppers.
>>
call a dealership to set up a test drive of a car
say you're looking at manual ones and you dont know how to drive stick

they'll probably set you up with someone so you can get a hang of it in a parking lot

but make sure to look up various guides and stuff on youtube first so you know what you're in for
>>
>>16056081
kek.

/thread
>>
it's silly driving schools don't teach manual
it takes like 2 minutes to figure it out
>>
File: 1459326330549.png (57KB, 195x252px) Image search: [Google]
1459326330549.png
57KB, 195x252px
>>16056075
>I want to learn how to ride stick
I knew /o/ was mostly gay but this is quite in your face
>>
quick manual fun-fact of the day:
In most countries you may be only licensed to drive the car type you tested in, if it was an automatic you can only drive automatics and weirdly enough if it was a manual you can't drive automatics.
>>
>>16056119
this wont happen
>>
>>16056323
i did it like three times
>>
>>16056181
>driving schools don't teach manual
Lol here in germany pretty much no driving school teaches automatic.
>>
>>16056593
That's because manuals more common in EU, not so much in America.
>>
>>16056648
I can´t understand why you would pay extra for a automatic transmission wich takes about a second to downshift and isn´t even more fuel efficient.
Or even worse, a hydrodynamic wich steals your power and costs more fuel then a wankle ever could.
>>
File: P1LM.jpg (299KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
P1LM.jpg
299KB, 1920x1080px
>>16056075
go find some fag on craigslist selling a manual shitbox for less than $1,000

tell him you want to test drive & since that shitbox is so cheap it shouldn't even matter

????

congrats, you now have a basic idea of how to drive stick

>pic most definitely not related
>>
>>16056510
You didnt learn it on the first?
>>
>>16056204
This is if you live in some shitty european country. They have no rights aside from faggotry, feminism, and islam so it's no surprise.
>>
>>16056737
first was rough
second was somewhat better
third was fine
then i bought a stick shift car and learned the rest in a weekend
>>
youtube
find someone with a manual car
or buy some shitbox manual to learn in
>>
>>16056181
I did my driver's Ed in a MT

The waitlist was shorter and I was mildly interested at the time so figured why not. Still took me a few days to feel comfortable in it 5 years later when I bought an mt.

Op, step one, but car with mt, step two have someone else drive it home, step three get in and learn.
>>
>>16056667
Because most people drive econoboxes and don't care about power or anything like that. Also you're wrong about fuel economy, nowadays by and large automatic transmissions have better empeegees than manuals.
>>
>>16057327
>automatic transmissions have better empeegees than manuals.
Wrong, even then autos force you into the highest at any possible moment which is extremely annoying.
>>
>>16057406
>Wrong
Look it up. Manuals haven't gotten better mileage for a few years now.
>highest gear
That's why they get better mileage.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.