[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So.. I have a question to you /o/. Who do you think would drive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

So..
I have a question to you /o/.
Who do you think would drive a car like pic related.
I am in the market for a comfy and reliable car just for myself or maybe the occasional girl and something that is a bit on the unique side. I need to daily it in the winter aswell, that's why i even consider buying one of these, but i fear the stigma surrounding those cars could give me buyers remorse (because being called a flaming faggot ain't the nicest things to happen to a mostly straight man).
Also what do i have to check when buying such a car, especially one with the F4R NA engine? I need it to last me atleast the next two years until i finish university.

And if you can't help me out, at least post some Twingos!
>>
>>16055775

You'd be better off with a Saab 9-3 convertible. It's a 2+2, it's well kitted out (leather, PAS, decent audio, many buttons that do many things, electric windows etc). Power roof as well, plus you get a good choice in engines.

Mine's a 2.3 naturally aspirated automatic, it still goes quick enough but is definately a boulevard cruiser, not a sports car. Fair amount of scuttle shake on my MK1 and it's nose heavy, but the 2.3 pulls it easily. It even came with a diesel option. And they look really nice, and have aged well.

The roof doesn't even leak on mine. Happy days.

Also, those meganes are awful, hateful piles of crap. Please avoid.
>>
File: IMG_5623.jpg (55KB, 445x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5623.jpg
55KB, 445x480px
USfag here, that looks like something a middleaged white woman would drive, pic related
>>
>>16055775
a female friend of mine had a VW eos which is kind of the same thing. 206/207cc are the same category.

you have the downsides of a miata (gay) without any of the upsides (good to drive)
>>
>>16055808
Yeah, the Saab 9-3 looks really good but they are too expensive for my budget. and i don't want to commit to a convertible, that's why i want a hardtop roof. I need to daily it in the salty winter so a softtop is not practical for me.
From what i heard Meganes aren't that bad, and i'm looking at a 07 model with 120.000km's so i'm hoping it will last me for the next 60k kms without braking despite
>french reliability

>>16055817
>>16055844
That's what i was thinking aswell, i need to test drive it and see how i feel in it. It doesn't help that the one i'm looking at has a red leather interior. maybe i just have to start sucking dick if i like it
>>
>>16055775
Folding metal roofs are shit, there's a reason no one makes them anymore
>>
>>16055941
why exactly?
It's the only convertible that i would consider driving..
>>
>>16055948
They are hard to fit perfectly so you always get rattles and creaks with them, they are also heavier and harder to store than soft tops. Mercedes were the only one who manged to crack it, all the other companies are moving back to cloth tops
>>
>>16055960
>rattles and creaks
Yeas i fear this aswell, even though i heard that the meganes are actually realtively fine, since karmann did a good job with it. Need to test drive it!
>heavier and harder to store
Meh, i'm driving a 2 ton station wagon that i don't even need (which is breaking at the moment) and i have a bike for my sporty driving. and my groceries will fit in it even if the top is down since i live alone.
>all the other companies are moving back to cloth tops
that's not true, BMW, Renault, Opel and some flavor of fiat does them even today.
>>
File: p90160655-highres.jpg (292KB, 1752x1168px) Image search: [Google]
p90160655-highres.jpg
292KB, 1752x1168px
>>16056027
BMW are definitely moving back to cloth tops I think the Z4 is their only metal one left
>>
>>16056063
The BMW 4 convertible is metal though.
but yeah i see a lot more cloth tops today.
I will need to see if i can work with the megane and can handle the stigma
>>
>>16055775
It's a car for non-car people. Also it will be slow as fuck. In my previous workplace a 36yo MILF drove one. She worked really hard to appear attractive despite aging. This car is one of those cars which might appear OK from afar, but driving this regurarly is shit. Rather get a car that looks shit or unimpressive but is really nice to drive like a BMW 3 series or something. You'll thank me after 2 years of ownership.
>>
>>16056643
I meant a used 3 series like E36 or E46. Something unimpressive looking with a 6 pot engine or a diesel. Uniqueness gets old really quick. Besides E36 if you put some time into making it look good can be pretty unique today.
>>
>>16055775
>because being called a flaming faggot ain't the nicest things to happen to a mostly straight man

then maybe it's time to stop being an insecure faggot you pussy

protip: nobody gives a shit what you drive, aside from other insecure faggots, why would their opinion matter to you?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.